Gaming I'm building a PC......^_^

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I building a computer, and slowly gathering parts for it. I'll post what I have so far, but I'm mostly after your advice on which motherboards, ram sticks, ect to get. I want to use this computer to go on the web faster, and maybe play some games. Here's what I have so far.....

Antec-300-beauty.jpg

FICIAL FEATURES:

9 Drive Bays:
• External 3 x 5.25'
• Internal 6 x 3.5' for HDD
Cooling System:
• 1 rear 120 x 25 mm TriCool™ Fan with 3-speed switch control.
• 1 top special 140 x 25 mm TriCool™ Fan with 3-speed switch control
• 2 front (optional) 120 mm fans to cool the hard drives
• 1 side (Optional) 120 x 25 mm Fan to cool graphic cards
Washable air filters reduces dust build up in your system, which helps keep your system cooler Perforated front bezel for maximum air intake
7 expansion slots
Top mounted I/O ports for easy access
• 2 x USB 2.0
• HDA & AC’97 Audio In and Out
Unit dimensions:
• 18' (H) x 18.3' (D) x 8.1' (W)
• 45.8 (H) x 46.5 (D) x 20.5 cm (W)
Weight:
• Net: 15.9lbs / 7.2kg
• Gross: 18.7lbs / 8.5kg

(Alright, If you will, post some suggestions, or part ideas and if you can post a link to where I can buy one.)

happy.gif
Even better if you can send me the parts......xD (Not joking)

I only get money every so often, so try to find the best parts, with the cheapest cost. Eventually when it's finished I'll post a pic. Thanks.

Can someone tell me how to post spoiler? I don't want this page to spread too long.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have that case!
Its really nice and quiet and has plenty of space inside.

What is your budget?

You can post a spoiler with spoiler tags
wink.gif

Code:
[spoiler]blah blah blah[/spoiler]

blah blah blah

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
i will suggest used pc, they are cheaper. just have the seller test all computer before buying it.
pci-express graphics card slot is necessary if you want play games. you can buy a computer with video onboard and then buy pci-express video card if you want play games
hard disk should be NEW due to usage is better only NEW . other parts can be all used.
2gb ram at least but in future upgrade with 4gb
better intel cpu , consume less elettricity

Master_B

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Cooler Master Hyper TX3
GigaByte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
-
Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/4G
Asus EAH5770/2DIS/1GD5/A

Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ, 1TB
Samsung SH-S223B
Scythe Kama Reader 2

Cooler Master Cooler Master Sileo 500 -salland

All for around 700 euro.

but like nosmoking said.... what do you want to spend?

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your willing to spend $900 id say build a core-i7 from newegg.com no taxes and fast shipping (depending on what part of the U.S. your in) NYC gets things from them in 2 days on the 2-7 day price

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ahh the antec 300, i've got that case, bad choice imo, next to no cable management besides a couple zipties.

what you can get is based on how much you are willing to spend. best price/performance would be the i5 imo. if you're not willing to spend that much go look around for a x2 550 BE's with a motherboard that can unlock the extra cores. x3 720 would be the better option if you can find it.

zhuzhuchina said:
hard disk should be NEW due to usage is better only NEW . other parts can be all used.

hard disk performance doesn't change whether its new or old, only reliability. unless you are buying an ancient 2gb ide drive. hard drives are fine used but there's no point as they're cheap as chips.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Master_B said:
AMD
No no no no no no no!

QUOTE(blitzer320 @ Feb 13 2010, 09:51 AM) if your willing to spend $900 id say build a core-i7 from newegg.com no taxes and fast shipping (depending on what part of the U.S. your in) NYC gets things from them in 2 days on the 2-7 day price
Yeah, if you have the money get something like this

But then you need a motherboard with a 1366 socket, like this

(I'm not saying get those exact ones, just that if you get a good processor you end up having to pay more on things like the motherboard aswell).

But there's not much point in a quad core if the most you're doing is gaming, since very few cames support 4 cores. If you're into video editing and stuff, the i7 would be more useful.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the core i7 you don't really need the 950 the 920 will do it has more power than any game requires now anyway plus hyperthreading and you can overclock it easily
also look into a decent video card in the recent versions of windows a gpu to ease the load on the cpu helps especially because of all the new visual aspects of vista and 7

and most macs don't even play games and the ones that do do it bad as they have to be run through crossover or some other thing i don't have a "real" mac i triple boot with mac and windows on a pc i built
i have the ati radeon hd 4670 which is a pretty decent video card not the best but plays many games if not all but some of the higher end games will have to be played on mid to low detail

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
well i got sick of building pc's and having short warranties, this is like the best way to get a pc that doesn't cost too much but still has good specs

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
blitzer320 said:
and most macs don't even play games and the ones that do do it bad as they have to be run through crossover or some other thing
Age of Empires 2+3, America's Army, Alice, Battlefield 1942+2142, Bioshock, Black And White 1+2, Call Of Duty 1+2+4, City Of Heroes/Villains, Civilization 3+4, various C&C games, Diablo 2+3, Doom 3, Quake Wars, Eve Online, Fable, need I continue?

Every single one of those games runs natively in OSX, no crossover or any sort of emulation required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all