Hacking I'm bricked. Error 160-0101. Can I recover with a backed up nand?

nooburger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least you have a full backup. So you are able to unbrick it with a hard mod and soldering. If you have the skills required to install the hard mod anyway.

To be honest, installing the hard mod to the WiiU motherboard isn't hard at all. Soldering in general isn't hard, if you got the right tools for the job.

Thanks all, for the responses.

Can I use the fake SD Card mod to flash my backed up NAND?
https://www.reboot.ms/forum/threads/guide-emmc-nand-dump-backup-restore.530/

How exactly does one create a flashable image to flash a backedup NAND? I have mlc.bin, otp.bin, seeprom.bin, slc.bin, and slccmtp.bin, and I'm unsure of what or which files are used to recover.

Thanks again for the advice.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all, for the responses.

Can I use the fake SD Card mod to flash my backed up NAND?
https://www.reboot.ms/forum/threads/guide-emmc-nand-dump-backup-restore.530/

How exactly does one create a flashable image to flash a backedup NAND? I have mlc.bin, otp.bin, seeprom.bin, slc.bin, and slccmtp.bin, and I'm unsure of what or which files are used to recover.

Thanks again for the advice.
I'm not sure exactly. I am trying to find a full guide on the hard mod install too. But I don't think anyone wrote a guide for a full nand restore yet.

But like I said, I'm not sure, so I could be wrong. Someone else will have to help you with that one. I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction with false information.

MinishCaper55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankly i think waiting 30 seconds for Haxchi to boot up. Is a small price to pay to avoid a possible brick. Also i have to something similar with my Ipad. So i'm use to it.

Reactions: YukidaruPunch

songwenshuai

Trophies
XP
Country
China
[QUOTE =“Kafluke,post:7304051,member:39058”]至少[USER = 422803] @nooburger [/ USER]足够聪明得到otp.bin。一切都不会迷失。

买一个十几岁的++,你应该能够焊接和修复你的砖![/ QUOTE]
你能告诉我如何解决它

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE =“Kafluke,post:7304051,member:39058”]至少[USER = 422803] @nooburger [/ USER]足够聪明得到otp.bin。一切都不会迷失。

买一个十几岁的++,你应该能够焊接和修复你的砖![/ QUOTE]
你能告诉我如何解决它
I know English may not be your first language, but this is an English forum.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes all you need is otp.bin to fix a cbhc brick. Well, that and some good soldering skills and a teensy++ 2.0

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually gone through the steps a few times and done thing wrong due to the lack of assumed knowledge with the teensy.

But that's why I'm doing this. So I can mess up for you guys and write a good step by step. Don't worry. I'll get it done. I just want it to be accurate and easy to follow.

Reactions: zfreeman

GhostfaceDylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a bricked Wii U with a nand backup so I can write an unbrick guide. Looks like a prime candidate. You wanna send it to me?

That's my summer project.

Hell if I can't find one I'm days away from just purposefully bricking my own so I can write a good step by step for unbricking

I know this is from years ago. But I just bricked a Wii U like a schmuck. Do you want it for free or know someone who does? I'd hate to throw it away. It was barely used before I formatted it with CBHC installed and bricked it. I've used this site for years but I just created an account to message you.

Last edited by GhostfaceDylan,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I know this is from years ago. But I just bricked a Wii U like a schmuck. Do you want it for free or know someone who does? I'd hate to throw it away. It was barely used before I formatted it with CBHC installed and bricked it. I've used this site for years but I just created an account to message you.
Do you have backups?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.