WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I always thought only IOS.wads are illegal since they contain copyrighted code by Nintendo. Today I read a quite interesting blog entry from Arikado in which he claims, that NeoGammaR7.wad and USB_Loader_GX-ULNR-r688.wad (both full channels) contain a banner copyrighted by Nintendo, which means they are actually illegal. Since Arikado is a gifted Wii homebrew developer, his claims might be true-

So what do you think?

(You can read his blog entry fighting against a homebrew scam site here)

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and it matters why?

it's used for looks, nothing more.

why must everything be an issue with this guy?

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I dont know much about this brlan and brlyt stuff, but did he code the brlan (banner?) 100% by himself or did he use some of the original code from the ninty banner?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent read too much into it, but i was under the impression that neorame made the GX banner from scratch using benzin. and that it is 100% homebrew and legal.

jamielee321

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
xzxero said:
and it matters why?

it's used for looks, nothing more.

why must everything be an issue with this guy?

Couldn't agree more. It all nice if you contribute to the wii scene with free homebrew. I agree people shouldn't be selling homebrew. But who really cares? If you are stupid enough to purchase homebrew software, then you are stupid.

There are far worst crimes and injustices that need to addressed in this world, then some random, pointless squabbles. How about people put some effort into what matter, if they can find the energy to fight for very irrelevant things.

We seriously don't need any more Brakkens to create a annoying distaste in the community.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never realized askejeves is just ask.com now lol