Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SSL Usenet all the way.
smile.gif
Sucks though dude, but I agree with everyone else, just ignore the letter (did you have to sign for it?).

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome to life in the UK.

Recently Newzbin got taken to court (they are in the UK). The thing is, right afterward, someone 'stole' the site code and promptly gave the RIAA/MPAA mob the finger. Newzbin 2 was created.

I can't speak for UK law, but here in Canada, well our privacy laws are worth more to us than the commercial needs of the recording industry.
There simply is no legal method in Canada to prove what I download and when. Not to mention owning the right router renders anything I download indistinguishable noise. I use torrents just as easily as anything else. It's all just a lot of undecipherable unreadable signal.

My advice, let them come to your door first.

Letters in our email, well that says and proves nothing. Even physical mail is not proof of anything. Make them go the distance first.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
shaunj66 said:
SSL Usenet all the way.
smile.gif
Sucks though dude, but I agree with everyone else, just ignore the letter (did you have to sign for it?).
shaun is right, if you didn't have to sign for it to receive it, then you can just ignore it, and pretend you never received it

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, 300$ for an album? I heard from someone that if you're under aged, the first time you're caught you get a warning from the police, the second time, they delete all your pirated stuff, and the third time, they make you a criminal record (at least in Canada). But I never though someone would actually be tracked caught. But if it's fake...

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
SSL Usenet all the way.
smile.gif
That doesn't make you 100% safe (use hitnews myself).

They can still track when you download the NZB's unless those are also from a SSL server.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
TwoBladedKnight said:
:wtf: I've downloaded like 6GB of songs and like 30GB of movies, I'd be screwed if they got me
That's nothing my second hard drive is 2tb and it's ~85% full of movies, music, my backup wii iso's and my rom collection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche