Ikureader problems.

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Corrosive, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Corrosive
    OP

Corrosive Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012
    United States
    Gulf Coast, Texas
    I use my 3ds as an ereader at the moment. On my DSTwo, I use Ikureader for my ebook needs.

Only problem is

I placed The Haunting by Palahniuk in it (Ikureader is the program) as an epub, and it appears fine when I read it on my nintendo. However I want to put The Domino Men by Barnes on it, again in epub format, but when I view the ebook with Ikureader, all the punctuation is replaced. Apostrophes are &rsquo etc. The Haunting appears fine, punctuation intact.

I've used Calibre to open and check both ebooks, and in the program the punctuation/formatting is flawless.

To reiterate: I open both ebooks, both of them in epub format, in calibre and they both appear perfectly. I open The Haunting with Ikureader and it displays just fine. I open up Domino Men and the punctuation is all messed up, like instead of showing I'm, it shows I’m.

I don't want to remove quotations, I just want them to appear correctly on my DS screen.

2. Sora de Eclaune

Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    It's possible the punctuation used isn't supported by Ikureader. Sort of like ` instead of '.

3. Corrosive
    OP

Corrosive Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012
    United States
    Gulf Coast, Texas
    I would entertain that as a possibility if it weren't for my copy of The Haunting displaying perfectly =/ Quotes and all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice