Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
It is a nightmare for a coder
wink.gif

I've found some others log/txt files that are hard to open - with most text readers ( like some report files made by specific application like OTL.exe .. I open them with Gedit in Ubuntu or Notepad++ for windows but most other common text readers failed on the header... IkuReader read them just fine but they are extremelly slow to browse since there is a extra 00 space between each caracter filled with a x in ikureader ... at least they don't crash
wink.gif

Here is a sample view from an hex-editor if it helps. I can provide the sample file if needed.

QUOTE said:
It shows in ikureader as OxTxL Exxxtxrxaxs .... Is there a chance you set an option for special code caracters to blank them like normal (20) spaces ?

Last, french accents are fine in most of my french files but some others brings me russian characters for accents ( I guess it is default for your country).

I understand it is related to ISO/UTF settings but is there a way to change the default behavior for ISO 8859-15 or local UTF-8 ?

Next step for me will be some poems from ???????? ?????????? ;-)

Take your time, again... you already manage to build something great for us ... DS readers
hrth.gif
THANKS

chintoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Those files aren't ebooks. I fixed crashing anyway.
Maybe I'll add custom codepages (single byte) someday but first I need a list of frequently used ones. Isn't it cp1252 for french?
QUOTE said:
Next step for me will be some poems from ???????? ??????????
I heard he cheated publisher who paid for lines by printing one word at a line for the whole his career.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
chintoi said:
Those files aren't ebooks. I fixed crashing anyway.
Maybe I'll add custom codepages (single byte) someday but first I need a list of frequently used ones. Isn't it cp1252 for french?
QUOTE said:
Next step for me will be some poems from ???????? ??????????
I heard he cheated publisher who paid for lines by printing one word at a line for the whole his career.
Yes you are right but it is nice to browse any text file from my DS with Ikureader.

There is some minor differences between cp1252 and ISO 8859-15 ( some characters are mapped to different code points) but cp1252 is the one in use with windows.

I think Mayakovsky was more a weird rebel than a cheater ( one word a line are rare in fact in his poems but it was a form of futurism ... as Boris Pasternak noted, they "dealt him the second death" in some circles...)

Thanks for 0.046 it was a quick answer
smile.gif

I like how fast you update your reader ( It remembers me I was once a beta tester for Puzzlemaniak DS
wink.gif
)

styen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi chintoi, you are doing a great work.
I have a question:

Does IkuReader render individual words in bolds or italics in FB2 files? When I generate a book, there are the and tags but when I open it on IkuReaderI , there's only plain text (e.g "This is italics and bolds" turns into "This is italics and bolds" . However, when used the and tags, i can see the whole paragraph with italics or bolds. Could it be implemented in single words instead of the whole paragraph?
Thanks in advance
smile.gif

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
with version 0.051 i have more OUT OF MEMORYs with my epubs then before. And they are small ones, up to 150KB only.

edit: i think it was my mistake, i did not update the data folder with the new fonts

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
I like the new progressive bar. Perfectly fit on screen.
smile.gif

Edit: Bug report: When filename is not in english (I tested in Japanese filename), it will freeze after scroll to second pages but after changed to english it doesn't freeze, tested on 0.051.

Edit2: Bug report 2: Line cutting is incorrect, tested with Ikureader 0.051 & Japanese text file, a few later characters of some lines is missed. / There is no problem in version 0.045 / 0.046

chintoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks. I already mentioned that user feedback is the only thing that keeps me going on this)
I added a quick hack that should solve "out of memory" errors for most epubs. But it could have possibly break something, someone should test a few books and say if they are opened the same way as before. Thanks ought to Depravo for giving me books for testing.

tomrev Wow, you managed to output Japanese text!? Which font did you use? Could you please supply a short sample file? I didn't care for Japanese partly because line breaking rules for it are probably more complex than "insert a line break before the first character that didn't fit".

As for crashes on books with foreign filenames... I need help with this. Currently I store bookmarks in separate files for each file and that's wrong. But stuffing everything in one file carelessly is wrong either. Flash cards have a write limit of around 100 000 writes per block and that is within limits of page count of all books, but if I keep writing bookmarks to the same file after each page turn the MicroSD will be soon corrupted. Does anyone know how to make sure to overwrite file to a different physical location?

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
There is a problem if you use 2 files with the same name ( like readme.txt as i try ). If you open a second file with the same name ( and I guess it is only when the file is shorter ) the position is recalled from the previous file like a resume ( the pbar is full and the page is empty since it is over the size of file ) you must quit (close) or you've got a crash if you try to browse further. I solve that by bookmarking the first page of the first file and then it was fine again for the short one.

>how to make sure to overwrite file to a different physical location?
Use time stamp for each file or/and write the new file to a temp file before you delete the old one and rename... unsure.

It looks like a new version is out ( 0.055)

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chintoi said:
Quick, vote! left or right?
gam.png

right.

btw. i am using Sigil to edit my epubs and it puts sometimes a non-breaking space ( ) between words. and iku shows me the   instead of a normal space.
i search and replace them now, so its not that kind of problem though.

chintoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Rhulqdahr, sorry, it's two versus one. The one on the right is probably will be the rendering in the next release.

2-bias Thanks for noting! Can I replace them with regular spaces? I see no point in those non-breaking ones.

Rhulqdahr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
chintoi said:
Rhulqdahr, sorry, it's two versus one. The one on the right is probably will be the rendering in the next release.

No problem, democratic voting, right?
tongue.gif

Besides, the right one is bolder and will look better on the console's screen I guess. Although both look nice
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a