Status
Not open for further replies.

iHackedits NDS Tutorials Thread

This is for the new GBATemp bounty for non-developers.
We just make tutorials/FAQs for the chance to win different prizes for different things.
I'm entering for NDS and will update with new tutorial entrys every time I make a new one.
yaynds.gif

Lets get started with a dead easy tutorial for the kind that don't understand easily or fastly.
How to Start a Commercial or Homebrew .NDS file via Moonshell
The best thing is that you don't even have to download Moonshell!

Locate your carts MicroSD holding all required files and folders.
Now double-click into your MicroSD. If you already have moonshell folder on your card, just delete ALL the files and folders from it and your ready, if not, then make a folder called "moonshl" and go back to the root of your card.
Now go into your games folder if you have one and select your Commercial ROM or Hombrew and copy it [If your using EDGE you can only use Hombrew]

Now go back to your moonshl folder and go into it.

Paste your recently copied .NDS file into your moonshl folder.

Right-click on that file and rename it. You will have to rename it to "moonshell.nds" for this to work.

Once done, take out your MicroSD and insert it into your, inserting your cart into your system. Boot it up and tap the middle button and voila! You are automatically running your file!

Any questions you have ask below, or if you feel dumb about what happened and it's not working, PM me and you can get answer, Dumb-free
biggrin.gif

I asked how to do this using askGBATemp and it got answered with my testing. Most Tempers know how to do this but some don't so yeah
smile.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This isn't a very good tutorial IMO. It's just telling you how to make the MoonShell shortcut present on some cards load something else. Which, no offence, is something most people could work out themselves I reckon. But still, good effort, well laid out etc., hopefully you'll be able to contribute some really good tutorials in the future. Maybe you'll even win a prize
wink.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
I know that these tut's are for n00bs but...
I don't think that even n00bs need a pic for everything...

They are called noobs for a reason.

Also, why is this on 3DS thread? IMO, it gives noobs hope about 3DS hacking. Which would spew out more worthless threads asking about this and that, and "I have an idea".

D

Deleted-273695

OP
Sorry, thought it was NDS and also this is my first one which I said is very easy and Ultra N00b friendly.
Also there is lots of pictures because I went overboard when taking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: