IGN's Moon Review is up!

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ZeroEXE93, Jan 10, 2009.

Jan 10, 2009

IGN's Moon Review is up! by ZeroEXE93 at 1:37 AM (2,029 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. ZeroEXE93
    OP

Member ZeroEXE93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  2. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

sounds awsome

3. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I'm really looking forward t it....I don't like FPS's but this game looks really good, and I enjoyed MPH, so I doubt I'll be disappointed in this!

4. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hell yeah! This game has been in production for quite a while, and its good to hear all that time has paid off.

9.5 for GFX! And, its a good game too. Can't wait to play this. [​IMG]

5. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    The video review is up already, too: http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14215698/pro...iew_010909.html

Very glowing critique. Moon sounds like everything I've wanted from a first-person game on DS. The idea that it's more of an isolated adventure than a shooter is music to my ears. I've always preferred the balance of the console Prime series over Halo's single-player, so Moon should be a lot of fun for me.

6. 2short

Member 2short GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    am definitely looking forward to this game!

7. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Totally agreed. I couldn't understand why Dementium was so critically acclaimed as it was so repetitive and uninteresting to me. An adventure spin with a great story taking precedence over the shooting elements (and set in space) sounds awesome.

EDIT: Just watched the video review, and bloody hell it looks amazing for a DS game. Not to mention, it's as smooth as a baby's bottom [​IMG].

8. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The videos won't even do the game justice since they go at far less than 60 frames per second (which the game is clocked at).

Dementium was acclaimed for being a revolution more than a game. It was repetitive, but had incredible graphics and atmosphere. Not to mention solid gameplay underneath. Moon looks like the developers addressed some of the issues of repetition and dullness seen in Dementium. I mean, they already had an incredible 3D engine. They didn't need to improve the base graphics besides adding more variation. I guess this time they focused on the gameplay.

9. ZeroEXE93
    OP

Member ZeroEXE93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The environments look a bit dull and repetitive imo but that shouldn't be a major problem.

10. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, that's my take on the situation, too. And to that end, I totally feel like Dementium was a great achievement on DS. It just wasn't a great game. Of course, I still played through it because it was just so damned impressive in so many technical ways. The mood was definitely executed masterfully.

I would have to suppose that with Dementium's critical success, Renegade Kid was afforded more time and money to develop a more interesting game. Enter: Moon.

As a total aside, the mystery console game they're working on is definitely for Wii. I know folks were speculating, and RE still hasn't come out and explicitly (at least to my knowledge) said it is, but if you look at their About section on their website, it says they are a development team making games exclusively for Nintendo systems. Random trivia. [​IMG]

11. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Oh snap! When does this game come out?

12. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Looks nice, very nice even [​IMG]
    Looking forward to this game more and more.

13. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Much agreed on the fact that it's an adventure and not just a blast-a-thon. I'm not a big fan of traditional blast-everything FPS games, but as an adventure it looks like I'd enjoy it. Looks like it has some actual quality to it and not just a slap together cash-in.

The fact that it has no WiFi doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, that just means the single player game will be a FULL game and not just an add-on to the multi-player, like most PC FPS are. It will definitely get some play time from me.

14. SpectralSounds

Newcomer SpectralSounds Advanced Member

United States
    It looks like I'll enjoy this game. Glad it seems to be more of an adventure game as those are the kind of FPS I prefer.

I believe it is being released on the 13th of January to whomever asked about the release date.

15. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    I thought left 4 Dead executed the "blast-a-thon" gameplay quite well. Oh well. I like adventures too.

16. NightKry

Member NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Looks good to me.. I think it came out Jan 13th... hmmm
    The one problem I found w/ Dementium was the darkness, =_= seriously, you have to hold a flashlight to see things, and then those little bug-things would just ambush you >_> That game gave me hell. The ending did suggest sorta of, a sequel though, wonder what that's going to be.