Gaming IGN's Moon Review is up!

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah! This game has been in production for quite a while, and its good to hear all that time has paid off.

9.5 for GFX! And, its a good game too. Can't wait to play this.
yaynds.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video review is up already, too: http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14215698/pro...iew_010909.html

Very glowing critique. Moon sounds like everything I've wanted from a first-person game on DS. The idea that it's more of an isolated adventure than a shooter is music to my ears. I've always preferred the balance of the console Prime series over Halo's single-player, so Moon should be a lot of fun for me.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The idea that it's more of an isolated adventure than a shooter is music to my ears. I've always preferred the balance of the console Prime series over Halo's single-player, so Moon should be a lot of fun for me.
Totally agreed. I couldn't understand why Dementium was so critically acclaimed as it was so repetitive and uninteresting to me. An adventure spin with a great story taking precedence over the shooting elements (and set in space) sounds awesome.

EDIT: Just watched the video review, and bloody hell it looks amazing for a DS game. Not to mention, it's as smooth as a baby's bottom
ohmy.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The videos won't even do the game justice since they go at far less than 60 frames per second (which the game is clocked at).

Dementium was acclaimed for being a revolution more than a game. It was repetitive, but had incredible graphics and atmosphere. Not to mention solid gameplay underneath. Moon looks like the developers addressed some of the issues of repetition and dullness seen in Dementium. I mean, they already had an incredible 3D engine. They didn't need to improve the base graphics besides adding more variation. I guess this time they focused on the gameplay.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
...Dementium was acclaimed for being a revolution more than a game....

Yeah, that's my take on the situation, too. And to that end, I totally feel like Dementium was a great achievement on DS. It just wasn't a great game. Of course, I still played through it because it was just so damned impressive in so many technical ways. The mood was definitely executed masterfully.

I would have to suppose that with Dementium's critical success, Renegade Kid was afforded more time and money to develop a more interesting game. Enter: Moon.

As a total aside, the mystery console game they're working on is definitely for Wii. I know folks were speculating, and RE still hasn't come out and explicitly (at least to my knowledge) said it is, but if you look at their About section on their website, it says they are a development team making games exclusively for Nintendo systems. Random trivia.
moogle.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
The video review is up already, too: http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14215698/pro...iew_010909.html

Very glowing critique. Moon sounds like everything I've wanted from a first-person game on DS. The idea that it's more of an isolated adventure than a shooter is music to my ears. I've always preferred the balance of the console Prime series over Halo's single-player, so Moon should be a lot of fun for me.

Much agreed on the fact that it's an adventure and not just a blast-a-thon. I'm not a big fan of traditional blast-everything FPS games, but as an adventure it looks like I'd enjoy it. Looks like it has some actual quality to it and not just a slap together cash-in.

The fact that it has no WiFi doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, that just means the single player game will be a FULL game and not just an add-on to the multi-player, like most PC FPS are. It will definitely get some play time from me.

SpectralSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like I'll enjoy this game. Glad it seems to be more of an adventure game as those are the kind of FPS I prefer.

I believe it is being released on the 13th of January to whomever asked about the release date.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
irpacynot said:

Much agreed on the fact that it's an adventure and not just a blast-a-thon. I'm not a big fan of traditional blast-everything FPS games, but as an adventure it looks like I'd enjoy it. Looks like it has some actual quality to it and not just a slap together cash-in.

The fact that it has no WiFi doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, that just means the single player game will be a FULL game and not just an add-on to the multi-player, like most PC FPS are. It will definitely get some play time from me.
I thought left 4 Dead executed the "blast-a-thon" gameplay quite well. Oh well. I like adventures too.

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Looks good to me.. I think it came out Jan 13th... hmmm
The one problem I found w/ Dementium was the darkness, =_= seriously, you have to hold a flashlight to see things, and then those little bug-things would just ambush you >_> That game gave me hell. The ending did suggest sorta of, a sequel though, wonder what that's going to be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)