Homebrew Ignore this unless you like horrible ideas

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(No need for further replies. I said it was a dumb idea, but it never hurts to ask lol )

A cia, that formats unwanted DS cartridges, and lets you install a different game into them.
Yeah, I know that probably not all cartridges have the same space amount, and they might not work like that.
Sorry, it was just a thought. xD

Last edited by MochaMilk,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, it doesn't work that way... Each chip is designed for each game. You can just make it simple and buy a flash cart.

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it doesn't work that way... Each chip is designed for each game. You can just make it simple and buy a flash cart.
I'm unable to do online shopping. ^^;
This makes the third time my card has been hacked and demanded charge backs (thanks chase >.> )
So, I'm super iffy about getting stuff from online, even cheap items.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Like Ruby Gloom said, it doesn't work like that. Game cartridges are typically ROM, Read Only Memory, which means they can't be reprogrammed or overwritten.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can always not buy anything from anyone unless they are trusted. Or meet one of us tempers face-2-face and buy one from them. They'd go for $5. Not expensive at all.

D

Deleted User

either you are trolling or that is the most fucking retarded question ive ever seen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

buy a flashcart then
His cards been hacked 3 times (-.-) so has mine

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either you are trolling or that is the most fucking retarded question ive ever seen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

buy a flashcart then
To your first point, some people don't understand that cartridges are non-rewritable. And for your second point, how? Where's he going to buy it if he can't buy the flashcart online? His CREDIT CARDS are constantly being hacked when he tries.

D

Deleted User

what do you mean by hacked? because i can't think of any sane explanation
Oh, well I used one of my cards on one of the Flashcarts sites and after 2 hours of when I tried to buy something, my bank had told me that someone from Oregon had used money from my bank account. I thought it was a coincidence so I tried on a more reliable site a week later and 3 hours from then, money had been taken again from another state

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean by hacked? because i can't think of any sane explanation
Money was stolen from him. His info was stolen. Can't you think a little before posting?

ON TOPIC: As many people have said before, this is impossible due to the cartridges being read-only and some games requiring specific chips that your $1 Spongebob game probably doesn't have. Just get a flashcart. They go for around $5 and you can even find some in stores.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Money was stolen from him. His info was stolen. Can't you think a little before posting?

ON TOPIC: As many people have said before, this is impossible due to the cartridges being read-only and some games requiring specific chips that your $1 Spongebob game probably doesn't have. Just get a flashcart. They go for around $5 and you can even find some in stores.
What kind of stores would you find DS flashcarts in? Curious, I have never seen one in a store.

D

Deleted User

GameStÖp or RockStëady?

Reactions: GalladeGuy

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"card was hacked" didn't convey credit card fraud to me.

I've never had much of a problem ordering stuff online like that, and if I did, I wouldn't be accountable for stolen money due to fraud protection.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember seeing one in Target a while back. It was gone the next day though. The stores near me are littered with things like Action Replays though.
I'm not surprised about Action Replays, but flashcarts are definitely odd. Probably a stupid mistake on Target's part.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um use a credit card online. and use paypal. Never use a debit card......
And yeah you can reprogram a Read only chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up