Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
offtopic84 said:
OH NO.

*disables flash*

It's not using flash. If your browser uses javascript, and you have one of the affected routers/dsl models, you're in trouble.

QUOTE(thejakal @ Mar 12 2008, 02:23 AM) yes, this is quite an annoying problem. is it really a hack? either way, someone needs to take care of it...

yes it's definately a hack. what is unknown is if it's due to a hole in the forum software, or it was placed there by other means (eg by gbatemp admin to make some money)

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jeklnoo said:
offtopic84 said:
OH NO.

*disables flash*

It's not using flash. If your browser uses javascript, and you have one of the affected routers/dsl models, you're in trouble.

QUOTE(thejakal @ Mar 12 2008, 02:23 AM) yes, this is quite an annoying problem. is it really a hack? either way, someone needs to take care of it...

yes it's definately a hack. what is unknown is if it's due to a hole in the forum software, or it was placed there by other means (eg by gbatemp admin to make some money)

OH NOES

*disables javascript*

aZnXrAvEr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I have a router that can be exploited by that "hack."

When I went on gbatemp.net last night, it kept causing my internet to disconnect and I had to wait a minute before I could use it again. It also gave me a new ip address... I have a UK ip address now because when I go to google.com, it redirects me to google.co.uk... When I click "Go to Google.com", there is an "VHCS Error" or something.

Drkchaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aZnXrAvEr said:
I think I have a router that can be exploited by that "hack."

When I went on gbatemp.net last night, it kept causing my internet to disconnect and I had to wait a minute before I could use it again. It also gave me a new ip address... I have a UK ip address now because when I go to google.com, it redirects me to google.co.uk... When I click "Go to Google.com", there is an "VHCS Error" or something.

Same thing happened to me...

Any way to fix this? I can't even log into Gmail now...

aZnXrAvEr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i have finally fixed my router problem from that iframe exploit! I did some searching and found this page that talks about the exploit that was used in the iframe:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19983085-...y-Vulnerability

The iframe loaded a page that had an exploit for the 2wire gateway/routers.
The first thing that it did was change the password to 'admin'.

The next thing it did was set a bunch of sites (google.com, citibank.co.uk, colmena.com.co, banesconline.com, natwest.co.uk) to redirect to 85.207.10.68. I don't know what that ip is, but it didn't load anything... which is why google.com didn't work for me.

And lastly, there's a code that restarts your router or something...

Anyway, I got the original ip addresses for each of those sites and set them back to normal in my router. Now I can access them again! If you need your router to be fixed, check out the page I made here: http://fix2wire.freehostplace.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before