Hacking If I buy a CycloDS, what SDcard should I get?

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean my R4DS works like a charm but I have to take games off I don't play anymore because of its limited space. I was wondering what will be the best SDcard or SDHC (whatever that means) will be best for me?

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I don't know how to post on the actually thing. So I do this when I need some questions to be answered.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wrong forum.

You can really pick any microSD card you want, they will all work brilliantly on the CycloDS.
But if you have too less space at the moment, it would be best to have more offcourse
tongue.gif

The best brand where you will have absolutely no problems is Sandisk Ultra (could be wrong, but with this you're very safe)

But another brand is no problem really.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Satangel said:
The best brand where you will have absolutely no problems is Sandisk Ultra (could be wrong, but with this you're very safe)
That's very hard to say actually. I have very bad experiences with Sandisk, while my Kingston products work great. In the end you're right: it doesn't really matter. Just pick a cart which you prefer.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Well I don't know how to post on the actually thing. So I do this when I need some questions to be answered.
No just stop and that is that.

Its very simple, and you're just being lazy. Do it again and you'll get a warning.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Canonbeat234 said:

To post on the actual 'thing' you have to go to Forums up here ^.
It's just under our logo, the second button from the left.

Then just find the right section, and post there.

And Hadrian is not joking.

Matalok

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:
I mean my R4DS works like a charm but I have to take games off I don't play anymore because of its limited space. I was wondering what will be the best SDcard or SDHC (whatever that means) will be best for me?

Kingston SD cards work very well in a Cyclo, i've never had any lag issues with them. If you can't find a decent Kingston then SanDisk are a close second, even though the Ultra series SD i've got seem to have a very read speed (600k/sec!?)

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Canonbeat234 said:
Best for you? Anything bigger than what you have already. You suggest you do not have enough space
on your current card... Get one with higher capacity.
-Anything 4GB and above are called SDHC for (High Capacity)
-They also have class levels. Look for a small number with a circle around it. Up to Class 6 (increments of 2)
-You obviously only want an SD with space so brand should not matter (shop smart)

Good day
blink.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the best price, quality, and reliability, I suggest getting a Kingston 2GB Japan. No one's ever had any issues with this card and it is generally considered to be the best MicroSD for any flash card.

Invalidrobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Priss said:
Canonbeat234 said:
Best for you? Anything bigger than what you have already. You suggest you do not have enough space
on your current card... Get one with higher capacity.
-Anything 4GB and above are called SDHC for (High Capacity)
-They also have class levels. Look for a small number with a circle around it. Up to Class 6 (increments of 2)
-You obviously only want an SD with space so brand should not matter (shop smart)

Good day
blink.gif

I found a 8GB class 4 for about twenty bucks, is that a good deal, or should I look for the class 6?

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Invalidrobot said:
I found a 8GB class 4 for about twenty bucks, is that a good deal, or should I look for the class 6?
You tell me...
Are you satisfied with it?
Enough space?
Any issues running certain games you like?
What manufacturer is it?

unsure.gif

Annaaaaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a 4gig should be good
but make shure you get the good brands so you will have less chance of corruption
i recommend
1.transcend
2.kingston
3.sandisk
4.A-data

some are more expensive than others but its worth the price

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Annaaaaa said:
a 4gig should be good
but make shure you get the good brands so you will have less chance of corruption
i recommend
1.transcend
2.kingston
3.sandisk
4.A-data

some are more expensive than others but its worth the price

Thanks for the input transcend seems to have a better deal for a 4gig card class 6 card.

One more question will the higher class make for better compatibility with games?

QUOTE(Votkrath @ Nov 21 2008, 05:25 AM) Get a Sandisk Ultra microSD Class 6. Comes in 2GB, 4GB and 8GB. We might see a 16GB soon as well.

Seems a little out of my price range and anyway I don't really see any for sale anywhere.
By anywhere I mean I don't see any marked class 6, but does the ultra mean they are class 6
and will they make for better compatibility for games?

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zero1221 said:
Seems a little out of my price range and anyway I don't really see any for sale anywhere.
By anywhere I mean I don't see any marked class 6, but does the ultra mean they are class 6
Compatibility has nothing to do with the MicroSD /HC cards. The memory stick does what
it is supposed to do and that is store the information.

The Cart you own and it's firmware version is where compatibility will come into question.
Just keep up to date with releases and don't stress over new games with Pirate Protection like many do.
Good comes to all who wait.

All-in-all, I think you meant Access Time on the MicroSD /HC.
You should be fine with a SDHC class 4 or 6. If you KNOW of the problematic games and INTEND to play
them and WISH to play them smoothly... Get a Kingston 1GB MicroSD (Japan)

I don't understand why this thread has so many posts
wtf.gif

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Priss said:
zero1221 said:
Compatibility has nothing to do with the MicroSD /HC cards. The memory stick does what
it is supposed to do and that is store the information.

The Cart you own and it's firmware version is where compatibility will come into question.
Just keep up to date with releases and don't stress over new games with Pirate Protection like many do.
Good comes to all who wait.

All-in-all, I think you meant Access Time on the MicroSD /HC.
You should be fine with a SDHC class 4 or 6. If you KNOW of the problematic games and INTEND to play
them and WISH to play them smoothly... Get a Kingston 1GB MicroSD (Japan)

I don't understand why this thread has so many posts
wtf.gif

Thanks you for clarifying. I don't really know of any problematic games because I've never owned a CycloDS just a
M3 DS Real (and I've only had two game The World Ends with You and that Assain's Creed game not working
which aren't going to be something this will need to play) so I'll just get a class 4 or 6.
I'm getting the CycloDS for my little cousin along with a DS for Christmas so thanks again for helping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...