[Idea]Wiki-thing for N3DS clock speed improvement

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LiveLatios, May 18, 2016.

1. LiveLatios
    OP

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    So yeah, I've seen "What are the benefits of the N3DS clock speed?" show up a few times.. Someone should make a wiki or some documentation or something on what games benefit, and what happens with the N3DS clock speed settings with Luma3DS and HANS (If there isn't one already.).
    For example of the format:

Sorry for the underscores.. The forum would remove all the spacing I had put and would completely break the format.

If there is a wiki page or something like this please kindly link it, and I'll be off with this idea. and it has to be regularly updated, (obviously, what would be the point of keeping track of this if it's only updated once in a blue moon?)

2. astronautlevel

astronautlevel Trying to Find My Way

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Siteā„¢
  3. LiveLatios
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    i forgot NTR had that, but this is for overall all three afaik that's an NTR wiki... and aren't there differences between the HANS clock boost and the way Luma does it?

4. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    So why not make that somone YOU?

Omegadrien likes this.
  5. LiveLatios
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    because i have no idea how to make wikis? i would if i had the slightest knowledge of this kind of formatting....

this is miles easier than everyone telling me to make my own 3ds homebrew

EDIT: besides, making an entire wiki dedicated to this one thing would be a bit overkill

EDIT2: and i don't have the time, not the SD space to test every single game on the 3ds library, so i would need help in the first place

Last edited by LiveLatios, May 18, 2016
  6. Razor83

Razor83 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2009
    Instead of a list of games which feature improvements, what about a list of games with known issues/problems when used with the increased clock speed+L2 cache?

Then perhaps we could have a .cfg file stored on the SD card which could be read by CFW before a game launches, and if the gameID matches one in the 'problem games' list the CFW could lower the clock speed/cache to match O3DS settings?

Last edited by Razor83, May 18, 2016
  7. LiveLatios
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    That's a good idea, but that's also kind of what i also meant when i said
    Which could be counted as benefits/bugs that could be seen and encountered

So far, out of all the games I've played with the clock + l2 that seems a bit bugged is Harvest Moon: A New Beginning run at a constant sub 15fps.. not sure if that's normal or the clock messing things up. I would have to see if any difference occurs when I turn it off

8. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    Funny you should mention Sonic All-Stars Racing, as that's one of the few games I've noticed that crashes with clock + l2 settings on.
    I'm not sure about in single player, but in online multiplayer both a friend and myself experienced complete system crashes every few minutes that weren't happening with the setting not enabled.

9. LiveLatios
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    download play does too.
    This kind of crash right?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

10. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    That and the black lower screen with the system has stopped responding and requires a restart or whatever.

11. LiveLatios
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    when I got that the system just hung for like, 10 minutes until I force shut it down

I should figure out where i should put this wiki page, because it's starting to seem quite useful

12. KSP

KSP GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    I find that all games run better in 3D from the CPU and Cache bump.

You don't need a wiki, all games benefit, just leave it on all times. Turn it off for the few games that give you issues.

13. LiveLatios
    OP

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    but we could use a list that shows what games it causes issues, so people know ahead of time without spamming the forums with "game iz nut wrkung" and the simple answer would be that they have clock + l2 enabled

Kyojin likes this.