Homebrew IDEA: NDS Menu on 3ds using homebrew

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, After FINALLY getting b9s and luma (and godmode9 (and fbi)) to work, i downloaded a cia of the NDS HB menu in a bored stumble and installed it, i figured out it can use HB'd NDS files! (wow!)

So my question is...
Is it possible to use the NDS HB menu to boot an .NDS file, that then boots to a NDS home menu?

(and if it can, can that home menu run nds app, like the legacy nds camera app, and carts?)

If you have files i can use, please link! ^.^

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, After FINALLY getting b9s and luma (and godmode9 (and fbi)) to work, i downloaded a cia of the NDS HB menu in a bored stumble and installed it, i figured out it can use HB'd NDS files! (wow!)

So my question is...
Is it possible to use the NDS HB menu to boot an .NDS file, that then boots to a NDS home menu?

(and if it can, can that home menu run nds app, like the legacy nds camera app, and carts?)

If you have files i can use, please link! ^.^
hbmenu can only load homebrew. You can use TWLmenu to load retail stuff.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i very much need something.
if you use Chrome + the Workaround script you can still get it from Emuparadise but yes you'll get just as harshly ban hammered for passing it in DM's as it would be linking in a normal post. if you want someone to share it w/ you get thier contact details (discord telegram email or w/e that isnt gbatemp)

dead curious why does it HAVETO 100% be hb-menu/dsi-firmware? if its that you think twilight menu has incompatibilities, nds-bootstrap has come quite abit ways in homebrew incompatibilities

if its about somehow DS mode being semi borked, then using hb-menu wont be much a help. not trying to be rude shoot down anything. to each his or her own, but.. just dead curious why (cause Twilight menu can even do w/ the appropriate pre-patching, run games in widescreen mode as of latest updates, run games and homebrew in DSi Mode (the higher clock speed/higher quality audio [higher sampling rate] and under supported patched 'brew give access to the 3DS SDCard (when run in DSiMode)

Last edited by Dracari,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM