Homebrew idea for emulators

Valguerra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have not check this site in awhile. But maybe the developers on the emulator can have a coverflow emulator. Just like they have for the wii games. They can have one for the snes, nes, gba, that shows the box art of the games. what does everyone think?

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
what's with the coverlow crap? if you want it, you do it, it's open source after all, also some emulators already have this, 1 i know of in the works anyway
tongue.gif

DigitalSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
what's with the coverlow crap? if you want it, you do it, it's open source after all, also some emulators already have this, 1 i know of in the works anyway
tongue.gif

Not everyone is a programmer.

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a good a idea, maybe even have it connect to a to db to download cover art by disc id/serial, maybe people could scan in manuals too, theirs is nothing wrong with a little fit polish and shine I would say it keeps things more interesting longer. maybe instead of being an idea, just do it if you have the free time to learn new tools. I personally would like something like this for all the emu's maybe even a universal loader app that loads all current games emulated on the Wii with cover flow, it doesn't need to be one big program, just the cover-flow manager and a good way to invoke and hook into dols. The coverflow-manager just needs to be properly threaded. Well that's just an idea too and maybe a little over the top as well lol.

Liink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yer this has been on my list of things id like for the emus for along time. Cover art is a must, it makes it seem so official and polished, coupled with a nice GUI and were on track for the wii being the most perfect and polished emulation system. If i knew how to code id love to do something similar to the wiifloader, i have that running with my fullscreen boxart and it looks and works fantastic!

Valguerra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uranuskiller

Well i guess your still wet behind the ears. When you have kids and there learning to read, is great for them. My kids enjoyed some of the older games. yes, am sure i could write a program but have alot other priorities that come first.

Heiopeio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
a gba and nes emu with cheat support would be great.

i hate it without ^^

and no, i´m no noob... but i have played most games 100 times, and want
to cheat now

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
what about improve the actual emulators first, or yet better create a ground up MAME?

I don't like the idea, most of NES, SNES covers arts are lost and the pictures taken from actual boxes have awfull quality at best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.