idea for emulators

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Valguerra, Jul 7, 2009.

Jul 7, 2009

idea for emulators by Valguerra at 6:03 AM (956 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Valguerra
    OP

Member Valguerra GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have not check this site in awhile. But maybe the developers on the emulator can have a coverflow emulator. Just like they have for the wii games. They can have one for the snes, nes, gba, that shows the box art of the games. what does everyone think?

2. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That sound cool. Or maybe 1 that emulates the old super mario and zelda cartoons and u can play as Captain Lou Albano.

3. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    what's with the coverlow crap? if you want it, you do it, it's open source after all, also some emulators already have this, 1 i know of in the works anyway [​IMG]

4. DigitalSquirrel

Member DigitalSquirrel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not everyone is a programmer.

5. emupaul

Member emupaul GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's a good a idea, maybe even have it connect to a to db to download cover art by disc id/serial, maybe people could scan in manuals too, theirs is nothing wrong with a little fit polish and shine I would say it keeps things more interesting longer. maybe instead of being an idea, just do it if you have the free time to learn new tools. I personally would like something like this for all the emu's maybe even a universal loader app that loads all current games emulated on the Wii with cover flow, it doesn't need to be one big program, just the cover-flow manager and a good way to invoke and hook into dols. The coverflow-manager just needs to be properly threaded. Well that's just an idea too and maybe a little over the top as well lol.

6. Liink

Newcomer Liink Member

Australia
    Yer this has been on my list of things id like for the emus for along time. Cover art is a must, it makes it seem so official and polished, coupled with a nice GUI and were on track for the wii being the most perfect and polished emulation system. If i knew how to code id love to do something similar to the wiifloader, i have that running with my fullscreen boxart and it looks and works fantastic!

7. Valguerra
    OP

Member Valguerra GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Uranuskiller

Well i guess your still wet behind the ears. When you have kids and there learning to read, is great for them. My kids enjoyed some of the older games. yes, am sure i could write a program but have alot other priorities that come first.

8. Heiopeio

Newcomer Heiopeio Member

Germany
    a gba and nes emu with cheat support would be great.

i hate it without ^^

and no, i´m no noob... but i have played most games 100 times, and want
    to cheat now

9. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    what about improve the actual emulators first, or yet better create a ground up MAME?

I don't like the idea, most of NES, SNES covers arts are lost and the pictures taken from actual boxes have awfull quality at best.