Hardware I was scammed - Should I be able to get my money back?

Should I be able to get my money back?

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Thanks for the replies guys. For those that missed it, it says it comes with a charger under Bundled Items, not in the title. I am not really worried about the charger, but it does look bad on the seller. I need to mention that I did not pay with paypal but a credit card if that makes a difference. Besides that if he knew it was not working, why sell a brick for 85 bucks? Anyways I will file a claim. I was going to write a negative review, but seeing how you guys think he unintentionally did this, I will not if write one if I get my money back. Again, thanks for the help :)

Nope. He intentionally sold it like that thinking the buyer wouldn't backfire.
i pointed out he is playing dumb. as in, pretending to not know. therefore it was intentionall..

if you don't know something is working or not. you will not sell it to someone to figure it out...
one thing that can happen is a friend comes to your house. sees the broken console and says he wants to give a try to fix it, and tries to buy it from you. but that is different scenario.

Precisely! He's playing dumb so that somehow he gets out of it selling a faulty item.

auntnadia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Open a case with eBay and they contact the seller for you. I would expect them to be on your side in this case. Remember a while ago people were selling "pictures of xbox one". As far as I know, everyone was refunded for being misled, even though the adverts clearly stated it was a picture and not the real thing.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it's clearly a sellers fault.. in the tittle he shows he is not sure about the console being functional, the same somewhat happens on the description
he is playing dumb, that he doesn't know what happened... trying to give the problem to someone else....

if you are UNSURE about something either working or not, what you do? either figure it out, or ask someone to check it. or just leave it on the desk for some time because you don't have the time or mood to try make it work.
but one thing you don't do. is selling it to someone as and select the option that means it as a fully functional item.

anyway, what happens if he gets the money back? does he have to return the item?
That
Would dependnon how the case goes.

If the seller doesnt answer or reply back. Ebay and paypal will refund him his money. And then go after the seller. So he would keep the item.

But if the seller replys and tells him to ship back the item. He would then have to shipnot back (please get a tracking number)
Then the seller will refund the money once it comes back.

If the seller is an ass and trys to not refund the money. He would have to talk to paypal again and they will force refund the money, but he might be out shipping cost back to him.
Then he would have to fuss more to get everything refund.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181742617674
says connect to itunes not sure how many gigs but also cracked
This guy is a thief.
A rule about ebay is to look at the profile.
He is selling a stolen iPod, how could you not suspect something??

Everyone here is giving you great advice, I hope you get your money back. :)
In the future, look at the profile and see what is being sold.

Reactions: nxwing

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181742617674

This guy is a thief.
A rule about ebay is to look at the profile.
He is selling a stolen iPod, how could you not suspect something??

Everyone here is giving you great advice, I hope you get your money back. :)
In the future, look at the profile and see what is being sold.

op can probably use this post as a proof of dude being a scammer? claiming the usual "after getting the item i made broken i saw some other items from the seller and hes a thief\scammer" bullshit story?
(which in this case is truth, but lots of people risk their asses then when they get scammed they come with this "story")

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
op can probably use this post as a proof of dude being a scammer? claiming the usual "after getting the item i made broken i saw some other items from the seller and hes a thief\scammer" bullshit story?
(which in this case is truth, but lots of people risk their asses then when they get scammed they come with this "story")
I am not understanding what you mean? (language translation issue maybe?)
The iPod being disabled and the seller knowing nothing about it is a red flag.
He can't use that to help him, but it would have been something to look for BEFORE buying.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill tell ya what. If someone screwed me like that, Id drive to their front door and confront the scumbag.

Heinz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it was still working, you said he didn't give you any of the bundled items, so you should still be able to get a refund. And I hope this is a lesson for you for future purchases, the item info he gave should've been enough to conclude that there were possible faults with it, as unclear as it was. Especially with items sold that cheap.

He's either a scammer or a kid who doesn't know what he's doing.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I am not understanding what you mean? (language translation issue maybe?)
The iPod being disabled and the seller knowing nothing about it is a red flag.
He can't use that to help him, but it would have been something to look for BEFORE buying.

i was asking if OP (original poster) could use the ipod page to reinforce the argument about seller being a scammer\thief\bad apple.

and that lots of people usually get too excited about a deal.. even with some "red flags" they delude themselves and instantly purchase the product before giving some reasoning... just later when they realized they got scammed they really go dig everything they can about the scammer and that person that they get the items from.
when this happens, a person usually fills a scamming form with every single bad detail they thought about the scammer including other dubious listings...

Reactions: jonthedit
D

Deleted-355425

The fact that it has the charger missing from the bundle is grounds to return it all for a refund. Lay it on thick, you will get your refund so I wouldn't worry. Failing that do a charge back in your card.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP, IMMEDIATELY go to ResolutionCenter.eBay.com and open a case. If you don't do it within a certain amount of time, you won't be able to get your money back.

Open a case, clearly write what is wrong (the item is broken, missing parts as advertised, etc). And if the seller doesn't refund you, eBay will.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk