I want a new monitor!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by R2DJ, Oct 24, 2009.

1. R2DJ
    OP

R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    London
    I'm asking for recommendations on which monitor I should buy. Here's my criteria:
    • Decent size. I don't need a massive one. Will be used for a desktop (I want to replace my 17" standard Dell LCD)
    • At least widescreen, obviously but it would be very desirable if it can do 720P or higher
    • Below £300.
    • Can accept the following inputs: HDMI, VGA, DVI. Having component will also be nice but it's not really "necessary".
    • Switch between different inputs.
    • Great response time and contrast ratio (IIRC)
    I usually use the monitor for regular computing but I want to switch to a widescreen one since I want to use the new monitor for "Extended desktop" as I will be doing a lot of programming and other stuff for uni. Also, I use it for gaming. I love playing my 360 on my current 17" one but I can't stand the squished fretboard on RB2 and GH and my 44" widescreen TV is just inferior when it comes to picture quality. I would be happy to at least be able to play those games on 16:9 aspect ratio:P

Thanks in advance!

2. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    I want a new "portable" laptop check this out

yes I like GNR and can you spot the ducktape

Warning: Spoilers inside!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice