1. fatherjack

OP fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I want to use my spare wii to run JUST GameCube games.
    Has / is anyone already doing this, and if so what setup?

I remember some years ago when custom NGC channels were a thing I was gonna do this by having a custom themed HBC auto load with priiloader on boot, with the custom dols renamed to boot.dol and custom icons and metas. Don't think anyone has developed custom channels in a long time though :(

Alternatively, would it be possible to 'strip' down wiiflow / USB loader GX / Config USB loader to only show NGC games?
    Any suggestions or ideas are welcome - just wanna fire up the wifi and select from a shit-ton of NGC titles with my wavebird, think nintendont is the way to go :)

2. banjo2

banjo2 little man

United States
    Maybe set Priiloader to autoboot to Nintendont, or any USB loader set to show NGC games, as you said. Nintendont would probably be the fastest, though.

3. fatherjack

United States
    Yeah, don't particularly like the list view going off the page with nintendont as I plan on having quite a few games on SD.
    Just wanted minimal 'clicks' and decent UI.
    Thinking about it, might go back to my original plan of custom HBC with crap / wiigsc dols loading via config USB
    Still welcome suggestions :)

banjo2 likes this.
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    USB Loader GX shows everything in one list, so you will not have to choose Wii/GC/Channels etc. from a list. I think there is an option to hide built in channels, then you would only see the games you have on SD or USB (in your case only GC games)

jeannotte and fatherjack like this.
  5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You don't want Wii as well ? Why not buy just Game Cube system ? Wii, Wii U, and Game Cube are not for me. They were the worst systems and failed miserable. Anyway, It is very very cheaper right now.

6. banjo2

banjo2 little man

United States
    This is his spare, and Wiis don't require hardmods/external SD loaders/etc

fatherjack and azoreseuropa like this.
  7. fatherjack

United States
    Ooooookaaaay,
    USB loader GX auto booting into cover view, GameCube only ticked, sounds like a plan :)
    I use the tabs mod with my existing wii, so might look for a minimalist theme and some way to hide buttons and that would do it!
    thanks for your input guys

jeannotte and banjo2 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Wiicube, Wanna,