I updated to RediNand, now what?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by p64imp, Mar 26, 2016.

1. p64imp
    OP

p64imp Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2016
    United States
    Hi All,

Just a few quick questions. I successfully downgraded to 9.2 on my new 3ds xl console, and i then followed this tutorial:

which took me through the process of installation of REINand, FBI CIA installer, and emunand. Now that all is said and done, i have a few quick questions:

1. If i'm in REI firmware after booting REINand, i've read mixed things about updating. If i boot to REINand and upgrade to 10.7, will i screw things up? I read here and there that the max supported by this boot is 10.3, and i'm not even sure the version of REI i installed will even support 10.3 ( https://mega.nz/#!dp4knbDT!TDKIFrEbbJG2g1R4m7b9TC_JE63Fl7BTS0aKdYnALsw ) . Anyone have any insight on this?

2. The guy instructed backup of the Nintendo 3ds folder on the sd card, then had me do a format which removed all my saved games and market downloads. He never did discuss bringing them back. As the mod guide had me rebuild the Nintendo 3DS folder to support the various hacks, everything breaks when i restore my original Nintendo 3ds folder in full (already tried it... everything breaks). I tried just restoring the titles folder from Nintendo 3DS\5f6059bf0da0c97bc2dc7422f8b1db04\c80c00b3478081075355333200035344 but this also does not work. How can i bring everything back without messing up my build?

3. What was the whole point of the REI install? Is it simply for the ability to upgrade under REI to the latest firmware so i'm not blocked on the market? Because if this is the case, i defer back to question 1.

and finally, 4. is it possible to load up 3ds games and launch then without using my gateway or sky3ds carts? If somebody has a link to a handy how to on how to do that it'd be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any assistance here!

2. VirusX2

VirusX2 Master Race Beast

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Inject FBI to Health and Safety app and Install and play Legit CIA, If you have personal DUMPS then convert it to CIA and then use it to play. As far as I don't support Piracy. But LEGIT CIA is also Piracy. Anyhow you can Install FBI in emuNand and install CIA games.

3. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    Hate to say it but you should have followed https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and went with a9lh, I know someone who had a ton of eShop stuff including the ambassador games and was fine after the install because everything is backed up and/or saved on emuNAND during the process.

if you have a backup of your sysNAND when it was at 9.2 before you set up emunand and it had all that stuff installed still, you should be able to restore it with the backed up folder and it should work. i didnt watch the video you posted though, so i don't know if you were instructed to make any dumps/backups in the beginning or at the downgrade point.

4. p64imp
    OP

p64imp Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2016
    United States
    so if i restore my nand and follow that other guide, will it restore back all my apps etc + let me update REI emunand to 10.7?

5. Nintendo Fanboy

Nintendo Fanboy GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    In Los Santos, GTA: San Andreas.
    What is Redinand?