Motn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I downloaded the latest Nintendo patch to do some shoppning in the nintendo channel (which turned out to be rather stupid at the first place)-it was the last October patch. However, then I read about Homebrew, so I installed HMCH in order to run some backup games.

Homebrew channel works fine, except, that I cannot install through cIOS installer the necessary cIOS in order to use the backup launcher 0,3 beta and load DVD'd.

Please, could anyone discribe me some help how to sort that out?

Much appreciated, got stuck for several days now.

- I have a PAL console, one of the newest ones (dunno if it makes a difference).

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Really? I wonder what caused that?

Jeez. Just read the old threads. There's 100 topics about this.
There's a topic on how to fix it. There IS a search button, you know.
+1

QUOTE(Motn @ Nov 4 2008, 11:01 AM) could not find it, would you be so kind and send me the link?
Seriously, it doesn't hurt to waste few seconds to use the search function
dry.gif

Motn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, sorry for the obsolete post. Unfortunately that has not resolved my issue. I went according to the guide, however, throughout the step 7: Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘IOS Downgrader’. Just follow the instructions and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs. I got many errors like:

Installing IOS35 v1040, please wait...
Installing title...ERROR! (ret = -1017)

these type of errors I received plenty.

Please, any help how to keep going?

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Motn said:
Alright, sorry for the obsolete post. Unfortunately that has not resolved my issue. I went according to the guide, however, throughout the step 7: Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘IOS Downgrader’. Just follow the instructions and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs. I got many errors like:

Installing IOS35 v1040, please wait...
Installing title...ERROR! (ret = -1017)

these type of errors I received plenty.

Please, any help how to keep going?
Why didn't you post in the original thread then
sleep.gif

Motn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry d00ds: I am lost ...I guess since I have version 3,3E I cannot install the correct cIOS. Additionally, as far as I tried, the IOS DOWNGRADER V1,1 does not work..any help?

C

CasperH

Motn said:
Sorry d00ds: I am lost ...I guess since I have version 3,3E I cannot install the correct cIOS. Additionally, as far as I tried, the IOS DOWNGRADER V1,1 does not work..any help?
Did you check the IOS16 FAQ? Searching can do so much

Motn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I did manage to install the IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad at the first place according to the tutorial. It said Finishing title installation OK. Is there something wrong about it? I have been reading these threads for like two days but could not figure out a way to get out of the trouble. Your assistance much appreciated.

Motn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done that as mentioned above, but got stuck on the STEP 7 :-/ I downloaded your zip file, but thaz exactly the same thing as in the tutorial above..any advice how to resolve the Error ser -1017 when installing the cIOS?

sppmoran

Trophies
XP
Country
I am having the exact same problem.

The machine was updated to 3.3E few weeks before i was trying the homebrew zelda fix.

The homebrew channel install fine its the cIOS installtion that doesnt work it gets to the end as if it has downloaded everything then it says right at the end

error - 1017

When you look it up it says -1017 ? Wrong IN or OUT size, wrong size for a part of the vector

It seems to download the files but will not install them. It is on 3.3E and it is one of the newer wii's just under 1 year old.

If anyone know of a fix or why it does it please let me know.

I have done 2 other wiis and dont have a problem.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Motn said:
I have done that as mentioned above, but got stuck on the STEP 7 :-/ I downloaded your zip file, but thaz exactly the same thing as in the tutorial above..any advice how to resolve the Error ser -1017 when installing the cIOS?

are you opening the IOS downgrader or the cIOS downgrader ?

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have had my wii for 2 weeks now and reading all these posts , i rent zelda to use the twilight hack and install the homebrew channel, opera browser (through a wad i found somehwere) etc.... It still is not clear to me what is cIOS and IOS , what is the difference between the 2 and what is their use. Is there a good link that explains this? Believe me I have searched...just found bits of information but that didnt help much

thanks a lot

btw great work to everyone involved in those projects (loaders, homebrew, etc....wow!! you're an inspiration)

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
basically IOS is the operating system of the Wii console...a cIOS is a Custom IOS basically a modifed version of the IOS....

thats basically all you need to know if you just wanna be a user...however if you wanna develop some stuff then by all means check this out

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Talk:IOS/QA

that took me 5seconds to find on the Wiki am sure if you open up google and simply searched for

"Nintendo Wii IOS Tech Spec" as i just did you would find such wonderful info..

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, how do you update Nintendo? I would give them some bugfixes in

CODE{
patch[homebrew_twilighthack]
ÂÂ update

name=wii
updatename=3.3

[writesomecrappycode]{testitmonth}

else