I uodated to 4.0... help?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Gullwing, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Gullwing
    OP

Gullwing homo

Dec 5, 2007
    United States
    Behind You
    So I (as unpasient as always) udated my Pal Wii to the 4.0 firmware... HBC works fine but I can't install any wads.... I sthere any IOS thngy or anything to install to my wii so i can install wads?
    EDIT: I forgot to say that I once instaled patchmii ios ver: 00240c16 so that i could be able to play DVD videos on my wii

2. erb247

erb247 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    i hear wad manager still works. as long as it doesn't use ios 16 to load.

not tried it myself tho

3. Gullwing
    OP

Gullwing homo

Dec 5, 2007
    United States
    Behind You
    Actially It doesn't work.. I tried wad manager ver 1.3 in the HBC but an error keeps coming up.... Any suggestions?

4. Gullwing
    OP

Gullwing homo

Dec 5, 2007
    United States
    Behind You
    Maybe my version of wanikoko's wad manager is faulty.... or I need a modified version? Can anyon egive me links if I'm right.... I googled and everything but no results.

5. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    At the moment I don't think you can downgrade... Why did you update anyway? Didn't you see all the warnings all over the internet?

6. Gullwing
    OP

Gullwing homo

Dec 5, 2007
    United States
    Behind You
    No I didn't.... I was like whoa! SD menu? And updated... silly me...

7. Foxle

Foxle GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2008
    United States
    To be able to install WADs or downgrade to an older firmware, you need to of installed cIOS249 rev7 or 8 before upgrading. If you did not, then you're currently stuck and out of luck. Just hold tight, a work around will come eventually. And for the love of god, do not uninstall the Homebrew Channel before then.

8. Gullwing
    OP

Gullwing homo

Dec 5, 2007
    United States
    Behind You
    Thanks a lot!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice