I unlocked Miser without completing requirements in SC3?!

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Fel, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    I keep a track of how many battles I've had (roughly) and when I met Miser with Yoshimitsu I did not manage to beat her (but it was a close fight, she had 25% or less life remaining). However when I completed his Tales of Souls route I got the message that she has been unlocked even though all characters must be either beaten or you have to reach a certain number of all battles fought in order to unlock them. But I've got about 450 fought battles (it's a sure thing, I know it thanks to some other items that got unlocked because of the battle req.) and Miser needs 750, so it doesn't make sense why did she get unlocked.

Is it possible that nobody else has managed to do this or at least hasn't posted another way of unlocking her online?

Similarly I had reached the Labyrinth with Knightmare even though I had some losses previously with him but I didn't meet Olcadan inside, I fought with somebody else, I think it said it was an unknown soul and I couldn't see who it was. And when I lost I could fight him again.

2. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Could just be a very nice glitch. Seems to happen to me every now and then. Last one was Robot Wars Extreme Destruction on GBA (working on it for review purposes, see blog) and after one fight I found that everything in the entire game was suddenly unlocked. Fuck knows how that happened. I still have no explanation aside from some sort of mystical planetary alignment or my PSP's battery pack containing a genie.

3. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    I love the feeling you get when you earn the things you unlock. But it looks like some guides on gamefaqs are wrong - I found two different secret guides which say you only neeed 450 battles to unlock her, so it does make sense after all. Whew, I think I'll stop looking at what I can unlock so that I won't be worried about having "glitches". [​IMG]