i think something is wrong with cydia

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by gameguy95, Aug 27, 2010.

Aug 27, 2010
  1. gameguy95
    OP

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    i have cydia on my jailbroken ipod touch. i never went past 4.0 and my itunes shows 4.0.2 as available, but when i go into cydia, it says i have shsh on file for 4.0 and 4.0.2. i was wondering if that could mean that somehow cydia got my ipod confused with another one because i never even rolled my mouse over the update button, much less clicked it...

it also tries to uninstall *snip whenever i modify any packages. do you think something might have gone wrong when i jailbroke? i used jailbreakme.com and everything seemed absolutely perfect until now and i have no idea what the problem is. [​IMG]

thank you for any USEFUL information you can give me. [​IMG]

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Once you have Cydia back up an SHSH, it will automatically back up SHSHs for firmwares that Apple releases in the future (if possible).

3. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    got Same issue.
    I used umbrella to back up SHSHs cause i missed the cydia one.

after backing up, it also showed I got SHSH for 4.0 and 4.0.1 though i am on version 3.0

4. gameguy95
    OP

United States
    that is very weird. how does it backup my shsh for 4.0.2 if i don't have my ipod on that version to back it up on?

so basically you are saying if i jailbroke on something like 1.1.5 (i just made something up) i would automatically have my SHSH for 2.x.x and 3.x.x and 4.x.x and so forth!?!? [​IMG]

5. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You have the idea. To reiterate, if SHSHs for 3.1 were saved, then Cydia will also automatically try to save 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, and so forth for your device.

All Cydia needs to back up your SHSHs is a unique number from your device, called the "ECID." When you send a request to Cydia, it keeps track of your ECID, and will do its best to automatically fetch your SHSHs. This isn't exactly a failsafe, though; due to time constraints, Cydia did fail to save many SHSHs for iOS 3.0.1.

6. gameguy95
    OP

United States
    that is both cool and strange.

well, i have my answers. a mod can close this if they want.