Hacking i think nobody can hack WII

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wii will be easy to hack for sheezy. it's old technology. standard dvds? pssh, i expect a hack within a few months.

on top of that, emulation will probably be easy, since the system is so underpowered.

azndragonguy115

Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
wii will be easy to hack for sheezy. it's old technology. standard dvds? pssh, i expect a hack within a few months.

on top of that, emulation will probably be easy, since the system is so underpowered.
remember that ps2 emulation is still not up there

the wii is like a powered up xbox

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm telling you guys. First day, it's hacked, cause the backwards compatability will most likely not be protected from buffer overflows. I'll be playing backups (at least GC backups) first day.

Jace100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let's not forget that the system also reads files from the memory card which is a standard Secure digital card. I don't think it is too absurd to think that someone could write a firmware hack that could reflash the portion of the system that checks software compatibility.

Perhaps even a way to boot ISOs off of the memory card. I think it is very possible.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Please all check the following link:

http://www.wiili.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

I do not know if it is an hoax but if true
ohmy.gif

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys dont give Nintendo enough credit. Everyone said, "LOLZ, Xbox360? Wez gonna h4x that mofo in liek 3 weeks lolz" To date, its taken a year and its still not on the level most people would like it to be at. The Gamecube was a tough cookie to crack, sure part of this might be due to less interest in the console, but Nintendo did a good job of protecting it. I'm sure Nintendo has been watching what people do with the PSP, what they do with the Xbox and 360 and have included protection accordingly. I'm not saying its impossible for the Wii to be hacked, but if some wanna-be hackers on a random forum can come up with ideas on how to hack the Wii, I'm sure the actual people who designed and built it have already beat you to the punch.

@khan:
Thats not true. Some college kid is going to try and get Linux to boot on Wii via a LiveCD for his project in his last year of college. The information presented on the Wiki is misleading, as the actual thing doesnt even exist yet, much less known whether its possible or not.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not the hack that allows me to play emulators/run ISOs that interest me. I pray that there will be one that will allow people to watch MP4/DIVX on it like the Xbox Media Center.

miko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont think its mistake that SD slot will be on Wii.

If you dont know - Nintendo will have profit from each piece of Wii.
Not like Sony or MS with their doped HW.

Nintendo dont need selling that much games like rivals(PS3,X360) but DS Selling records its demonstartion of Nintendos know-how.

xnevergiveinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd just like to be able to run roms on the wii, not necassarly wii roms, but things like neogeo, genesis, nes, & snes

i know some of these are possible with the online content, i just don't want to pay $5 to play a game on the wii that i already own for an older console. i just want one console to do everything

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
i'd just like to be able to run roms on the wii, not necassarly wii roms, but things like neogeo, genesis, nes, & snes

i know some of these are possible with the online content, i just don't want to pay $5 to play a game on the wii that i already own for an older console. i just want one console to do everything

Like a xbox, or a PSP?
tongue.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally I'd like to see the Wii hacked... not so much for the ability to play copied games but simply so I can play import games. I'm going to be importing a Wii from the US, (if play-asia ever actually open up their f'ing pre-orders!) so it would be nice to play UK games on the system, and lets not forget all those cool Japanese imports.

People discovered a simple mod to turn a US GC to a Japanese machine and vice versa not even a couple of weeks after launch, so I'm hoping there's a similar work around. Failing that datel will no doubt release some sort of swap disc.

Of course someone will figure out how to play backups on the Wii... it's only a matter of time.

It'd be cool to see the VC games hacked too so we have the ability to play any old rom on the system. VC games are waaay too overpriced and look like they're going to be released quite slowly to the market =/. I'd certainly buy a few if they had improvements or new modes added to them, for example a few extra levels/remixed levels in Super Mario Bros or say a 2 player race mode (like in the GBC version). Heck even some exclusive themed Mii clothes or accessories could be a big draw. But nah they won't do that. =(

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i know some of these are possible with the online content, i just don't want to pay $5 to play a game on the wii that i already own for an older console. i just want one console to do everything

same here. I got no problem buying Wii games, and even a few more Gamecube games. But NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64 ... I've got that stuff already. All of it.
tongue.gif

QazzaQY2K

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah got my preorder done .. geting it the Dec 3:d its out 2:d but i'm away at dreamhack then ,P

I'm betting 200 Wii Points that it's going to get hacked with in 4 months so you can play pirated games or imports ..

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't see how the Virtual Console won't be cracked so any ROM could be used.
that might be possible, but then again you wouldn't be able to use WiiConnect24 and play online games...
as soon as you're connecting to any of Nintendo's servers, they can check if you've got any pirated software on your internal memory or SD card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries