Hacking I think my Acekard 2 just died...

Noisemaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I do lurk a good bit. But that usually isn't good either.

But for the actual subject: I think it just died. the DS acknowledges it, but after the loading screen, it flashes and stays black.

But the worst was kind of before that. 40 hours into a game, it freezes midsave. Always fun. It had been freezing before that as well, including a close encounter where it froze before entering the save menu. If only I had thought of backing my save up after that.

I thought it was the SD card, but it worked fine in my PC, and formatting it didn't change anything. After trying to start over, the freezing while saving became more frequent. I made one successful save out of three tries, and that save was of course rendered pointless when it froze while overwriting. And now, of course, it's not even going to the AK menu - just a black screen.

Since it's probably no good to just post without divulging any information, I was using what I believe to be a regular Acekard 2 (it doesn't say .1, at least) on a fat DS. MicroSD is an A-data 4GB class 6. Firmware was AKAIO 1.2. Metroid Zero Mission in the GBA slot!

Is there any way I can fix this? If not, what can I do? Nothing, probably? I got it about 4 or 5 months ago, if that means anything.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, but I think chances are your Acekard is beyond recovery; the protruding chip on the original Acekard 2 (not Acekard 2.1) meant the inner workings of the cart were always a little bit more prone to damage and thus were not as durable. Also I'm not too sure when the bad batch of Acekard 2's were prominent but it very well could have been during the period of your purchase.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
Sounds like it needs replacing, though it may take a bit because of the holidays and all.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try reformatting your microSD card with the Panasonic formatter first. If that doesn't work, try it with a different microSD card and/or card reader. It sounds like you've got a bad Acekard, but it's always worthwhile making sure it's not your microSD card and/or card reader.

-Bri

Noisemaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried formatting with Panasonic's formatter and it's still no-go. Unfortunately, I don't have another MicroSD or reader. Well, I actually have an old MP3 player that can read SD but I don't think it supports SDHC so I don't know if it would work. So unless I can get ahold of another MicroSD to try, I guess I'm going to try contacting Acekard.

Thanks a lot guys! I was kind of panicking after the save thing, so this really does help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021