I think im gonna cry.....

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by dgwillia, Jun 7, 2010.

Jun 7, 2010

I think im gonna cry..... by dgwillia at 4:03 AM (1,451 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. dgwillia
    OP

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Apparently during the 15 minutes i was making something in the kitchen, my cousin managed to get a hold of my DS and out of ALL my games somehow manages to overwrite my FFTA2 save file...........i had my original save backed up (Which was 70+ hours), but i lost about 20+ hours of gameplay i had just done in the two weeks [​IMG]......

Any possible way of save recovery or something? =/

I dont think i can handle that much more repetition in the same game....

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Calm down. Its still on your MicroSD (assuming you're using a flashcard). Simply download and install Recuva. Run it and go through the wizard. When it asks where to search, set it to your MicroSD. If you're lucky you'll find your save file. If not, run a deep scan which will take longer but you may find what you're looking for.

3. dgwillia
    OP

United States
    Thanks.....hopefully it works

I swear if it doesnt my cousin is gonna find his 360 drive wiped

4. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States

5. dgwillia
    OP

United States
    So far things arent looking good [​IMG], i keep getting taunted by either the new created save file or the one that was my original backup.....and the one that looks like it was the file i want seems to be corrupted

Yep, im screwed =/, i have the file but it wont load, so im guessing its corrupted. Time to get some revenge.....

6. liquidnumb

Member liquidnumb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    An eye for an eye is false justice and is never the answer.

What you need to do is go all in. Escalate before he gets a chance to retaliate. I suggest breaking a few digits, or perhaps a leg.

7. dgwillia
    OP

United States
    Lol, i already emptied out his "Rare" Pokemon Box in Heart Gold, he had quite a few legit shinies and high levels in there.

Debating on whether i want to go on a random deleting spree on his 360's hard drive. (Might take out his FF13 save for some irony)

I was close to the end in FFTA2 anyway, im just ticked about the fact that i FINALLY decided to try to beat all the missions and that happens

8. Supertrooper

Newcomer Supertrooper Newbie

United States
    Try a program called file scavenger, it's saved me several times. Just working with save files you won't have to worry about the restrictions on the demo version.

9. PoopaTroopa

Banned PoopaTroopa Banned

United States

ahaha that sucks. unless you have windows 7, pop in the sd card, check for previous version of the file..

otherwise it's done like turkey dinner.

10. johncenafan427

Member johncenafan427 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    boy that would suck
    your whole save erased.
    happed with my gamecube memory card twice..........
    stupid brother....

11. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Wow, something similar happened to me with FFTA2 but with 120 hours, AND I hadn't backed up, so I had to start over.

12. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Wow, that sucks. This reminds me of the time when a friend's sister jammed a ds cart into my ds phat backwards. It took a huge amount of force to get it out, so much that it sounded like it almost broke the cart.
    I was like "Come on, if it didn't go in easily THAT way, then why didn't you try the OTHER way?!"

Or when my sister's friend went on our original N64 cart of Majora's Mask and "accidentally" erased the file we had that was almost 3/4 of the way finished. Like, he erased it but didn't make a new file. [​IMG] We haven't let him play our games since. We have yet to get that far in the game again.
    We could have saved the file if we could have backed up the save, but we still don't know how to do that.

13. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Maybe you should copy off the 360 saves if possible, just in case you feel remorse. [​IMG]

But yeah, it's a thought. [​IMG]

Maybe there's a save file on FileTrip or something that is fairly close that you can use.

14. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    too bad about that. IIRC, if you just deleted the file, ASSUMING there was no new data written on it, you can pretty much recover it whole and intact. problem is, the save was OVERWRITTEN, so there's no undoing that on removable media, at least, not that i know of. you can recover it 100% at long as you do it as soon as the last action on that card was deleting that specific file. any new files put in could have overwritten parts of the original file, ruining your chances.