I really need help with WiiSXR

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by OriginalHamster, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OriginalHamster
    OP

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hi tempers,

I'm trying to run this new fork from Mystro256 http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3056&sid=ee032ccabed442603333d044a1e92579

I'm on Wii U (duh).
    I get the error: "Failed to open ISO". The app can efectively "see" the games, I don't think there's a problem with my HDD, ULGX, Wiixplorer, Wii64, RA,etc... work just fine.
    My ISO structure is this: USB:/wiisx/isos/game_name/game_name.bin + game_name.cue
    ISOs are stored in my FAT32 partition (I have FAT32/NTFS)

I tried many times, I'm about to give up, I don't like askfor help here often, I prefer figure out it myself, but I really I out of ideas of what happening.

It says it only require clean IOS58, I have it.

P.S. I know it's a Wii app, I though asking here because the USB config is different from original Wii, Y cable and all the jazz.

Last edited by OriginalHamster, Nov 28, 2015
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    are you using Ustealth?
    Maybe the GUI doesn't check MBR to list games, but the emulator is?
    if your drive is hidden, make it visible and try again.
    If it's the issue, ask the developer to add 55AB signature to the library he is using.

Try Samba or SD to load ISO. (SD could be faster for some games? it could prevent stutter sounds)
    if it works on other devices, it's probably your USB device. Try another one to see if it's USB device or USB port. try to find what's different from both device if one work and not the other.

Check if ISO is write protected too. It's an issue with USBLoaderGX even if the file is only read, maybe other homebrew has issues if the file is write protected.

do you have another USB connected at the same time?

3. OriginalHamster
    OP

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I knew it was something very stupid -___-u
    It doesn't support folders, the ISO/BIN needs to be in the root of isos!

Thanks for your reply @Cyan, will ask another favor though, please lock this thread :P

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I noticed you used subfolders, but didn't thought it would be an issue.
    it could be a request for the dev.

thread closed then :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.