I REALLY need help with luma3ds.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tony500, Apr 9, 2017.

1. tony500
    OP

tony500 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    So, I needed to use the config but when I got into the config, I couldn't do anything.
    Start did nothing, I couldn't select different options and I couldn't enable anything.
    The only thing that might be causing this is the X and Y buttons. They don't work, the system thinks they're held down.

2. Seliph

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    Not sure what you mean. Are you having trouble accessing the Luma config menu? Because that's set to the select button by default.

3. tony500
    OP

tony500 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    I know how to get into the config menu, I just can't do anything when using it. It shows the config menu, but I can't do anything.

4. Seliph

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    Weird. Can I see a picture of it?

5. N1N

N1N Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    Rainbow Cruise
    I can confirm. I just tried using the Luma3DS config menu with the XY buttons held down, nothing else worked until I let go of them.

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    This actually isn't Luma3DS problem and is completely related to your hardware. If you are running Luma 6.6, it still uses the buttons to launch the payloads, for example x_decrypt9.bin and y_hourglass.bin. This means when you boot it up with those two buttons pushed, you are causing conflicts with the payload launcher and it's going to lock up.
    You need to fix your X and Y keys to fix this issue.

7. tony500
    OP

tony500 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    Oh.
    Is there a way I can still use the config, or is it not going to work?
    I'd rather not tear my 3DS apart to fix the X and Y buttons.
    Also, no payloads are assigned to X and Y.

8. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    It does not boot since when you hold X or Y it tries to boot the payload from there

Someone can upload a config for luma or you can just use SaltFW(idk if it works for 11.3 tho)

9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    SaltFW does have a nightly build that works on 11.3, but the dev's 3DS broke and they are no longer working on SaltFW.

I really suggest actually fixing those buttons or replacing the system because those buttons are used a lot in most games.

TheCyberQuake likes this.