Hardware I plan on getting a PS3, but...

Transdude1996

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know which model to buy.

Okay, in short what's happening is that I eventually plan on getting a PS3. The problem is that there are bunch of PS1 and PS2 games I want to get as well. And before anyone asks, yes, I have checked and almost none of these games are available on PSN nor are they in any HD collection.

So, my question is should I buy an original PS3 (Found a 60GB model used for $300), or should I buy a newer PS3 and emulate the PS2 games on my computer (I plan on making my own custom computer next year)?

P.S.: I know someone is going to go after me for this, but I do plan on buying the PS2 games legally to play them on my computer (if that's the option you guys recommend).

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My recommendation is to buy PS3 Slim and either PS2 Slim or emulation from PCSX2.

PS3 exhibits a 2 frame (approx 30 ms) lags when dealing with PS2 games, be it emulated or original FAT PS3. This won't be a problem in RPG, but can be a problem in music or FPS game where precise timing is crucial. Running PS3 at 480i/480p will reduce this to a 1 frame lag, making it much less noticeable. Not to mentioned FAT PS3 aren't as reliable as Slim and Super Slim version.

Since you want to do it legally, I just want to point out that PCSX2 requires you to use BIOS dump from PS2 you owned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-