Hacking i not sure about this...

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i got the GATEWAY OMEGA 2.4b installed in 3ds and dstwo is running fine now in 8.1 something firmware, now the confusing for me (at least) i want to update the emunand to 9.x firmware (YES I DON' T HAVE YET THE GATEWAY CART still coming this end month) can i update it now with out the GATEWAY cart just to prepare it...

darksweet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im in 4.5 firmware i'm asking about to update my emunand 8.1 to 9.xx without the actually GATEWAY CART

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Unfortunately since 2.3b it requires the gateway cart to be inserted to start classic mode iirc. As 9.0 doesnt work < 2.4 Im afraid you're out of luck for the time being.

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pretty sure there is some DRM measure that doesn't let you boot to "Gateway Mode" without the cart inserted.

If you hold L after you press "DS Profile Settings" you should still see the gateway menu and you can go about your business ***i think*** Don't have my console to try.

darksweet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wait classic mode works without the cart in 8.1 just press the X button, right? im sure about that im playing BRAVELY DEFAULT NTSC to may PAL 3ds...using 8.1 emunand, here im going to use the eshop or the that pop-up udate question im having in emunand mode to update my emunand to emunand 9.xx

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
older gateway versions could be booted without the red card (the clones basically still use those old versions), but those versions don't support 8.1 emunand, so in order to update from 8.1 to 9.0 you need the lastest version 2.4b, but as stated already, you can't boot that version up without the card
so wait for it to arrive
you could try installing 9.0 using an older gateway version and wait for your card to arrive, so you can actually use it, but I would highly advise not to do that, who knows, you might end up updating your sysNAND

edit:
wait classic mode works without the cart in 8.1 just press the X button, right? im sure about that im playing BRAVELY DEFAULT NTSC to may PAL 3ds...using 8.1 emunand, here im going to use the eshop or the that pop-up udate question im having in emunand mode to update my emunand to emunand 9.xx

no, never update this way, only via settings, after you are sure, that you really are in emunand

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes, if you update now, you won't be able to boot into emunand anymore unless you have the red gateway card
also, as I already mentioned, never update emunand via eshop or update popup, it will send you back to sysNAND and you end up updating it instead of emuNAND, always boot up emuNAND, go to settings, DON'T leave settings, but update directly via settings after you made sure, that it says "GW" before your firmware version

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ol so the best way/advise is wait for my gateway gonna do that thanks alot
yeah, its possible you dont even have emunand set up yet, you can play games region free using the gateway launcher, you just cant use 8.x+ or 7.x encrypted games (like smash bros) without setting up emunand and updating to 7.x+....and to boot into gateway or classic mode 7.2+ you need to insert the gateway card

darksweet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What does it say your 3ds firmware version is in settings? 8.1 emunand won't even boot with out the gateway inserted.

i can't enter the setting anymore so i can't check it, sorry not much help, but for the last thing i update to that firmware

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't enter the setting anymore so i can't check it, sorry not much help, but for the last thing i update to that firmware
If you can't enter settings but can boot emunand you're on 7.2 then. Pretty sure that's when Nintendo added the 7.x encryption to the settings app.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you cant even run 8.1 emunand without having the gateway card.....so i have no idea what you have done there

You can on classic mode, only some features will not work according to them (I still don't know which ones)
photo-1-jpg.9892

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)