Hacking I need your advice!

Nekron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First of all i have to mention that i'm pretty new to hacking consoles and all that stuff so please forgive any mistakes i make. So for christmas i'm planning to get a wii u and hack to install games for free and also have multiplayer.If i am right everything i need is basically a pc,a wii u with fw below or on 5.3.2 (if its below i can update by using a game disc with fw5.3.2 on it like shovel knight or splatoon) and a sd card with at least 32gb capacity.I'm planning to get the Smash + Basic wii u bundle which according to you ships in 4.0.2 and splatoon to update to 5.3.2 (btw are there any chances that the smash disc that comes with the console is a reprint and has a fw above 5.3.2? I'm gonna get the european version if that changes anything) then after i update my console to 5.3.2 i will use the tubehax dns thing that basically stops my console from auto-updating(i hope) and connect it to the internet then i will use loadiine to install games and wup installer to update them and play online.Is that right and would it work?Thanks for your time!

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, 2 thing to clear.
1/ loadiine doesn't let you play online yet
2/ for online gaming, you'll have to spoof the firmware of your console, then you will be able to play online... With your original game (disc or eshop)

Nekron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, 2 thing to clear.
1/ loadiine doesn't let you play online yet
2/ for online gaming, you'll have to spoof the firmware of your console, then you will be able to play online... With your original game (disc or eshop)
When i said "play online" i meant by spoofing my fw using the guide here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-title-installer-firmware-spoofing-5-3-2.397053/ Can i not play loadiine games online if use it while i have my fw spoofed too?If not i will be able to go online with a game if i buy the game disc and update and spoof using the guide above right?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When i said "play online" i meant by spoofing my fw using the guide here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-title-installer-firmware-spoofing-5-3-2.397053/ Can i not play loadiine games online if use it while i have my fw spoofed too?If not i will be able to go online with a game if i buy the game disc and update and spoof using the guide above right?

You can't use Loadiine to play online, spoof or no spoof. As far as I understand, it uses the same permissions of the title it runs under (so for example, you get SD access with Mii Maker, but no online, because Mii Maker can't go online). Regarding a retail disk, yes, you should be able to play online with the spoof, and the game's latest update (if it has any updates).

Nekron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
BTW is there any way that doing all these could harm my console in any way?Also what about the smash copy, could it be a reprint?If yes i would still be able to use it if i use the spoof right?Thnx

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can't use Loadiine to play online, spoof or no spoof. As far as I understand, it uses the same permissions of the title it runs under (so for example, you get SD access with Mii Maker, but no online, because Mii Maker can't go online). Regarding a retail disk, yes, you should be able to play online with the spoof, and the game's latest update (if it has any updates).
Well to clarify: Smash HAS online permissions which is first title we are running but quite simply your Wii U thinks you are running smash and since online services are tied to NNID and to IOSU as I understand, you cannot access online right now because you are running a game "inside" or under a different title. Your Wii U will just get confused and error out from connection attempt.

Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well to clarify: Smash HAS online permissions which is first title we are running but quite simply your Wii U thinks you are running smash and since online services are tied to NNID and to IOSU as I understand, you cannot access online right now because you are running a game "inside" or under a different title. Your Wii U will just get confused and error out from connection attempt.

I wonder if it's possible to correct this by making the Wii U know it's running the right title (or better yet, relaunching the current title so the correct one is now the main one), once we have access to IOSU.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I wonder if it's possible to correct this by making the Wii U know it's running the right title, once we have access to IOSU.
I am fairly sure; Yes. Or we will be able to basically get even better backup loading by maybe something similar to "CIA" thing on 3DS which would enable this.

Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am fairly sure; Yes. Or we will be able to basically get even better backup loading by maybe something similar to "CIA" thing on 3DS which would enable this.

That would be nice, having all of the games converted to a digital format. No more noisy disk drive when playing Mario Kart 8! :P

It'd be nice: run browser exploit -> reboots system into USB or SD emuNAND thanks to IOSU -> enjoy latest firmware + games with no issue

Getting back to the main subject at hand though:

BTW is there any way that doing all these could harm my console in any way?A

The spoof is permanent for now, but it shouldn't hurt anything. All it does is tell the Wii U that you're on a version you're really not. It might be possible to revert it once we have IOSU access, assuming we can tell the system to uninstall titles and then reinstall them (or ignore version checks and simply downgrade whatever title contains version.bin).

Nekron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Alright thanks for the info i will be probably get the console and try this in a few weeks

Bowie77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The ssb disc will probably be a reprint with a higher firmware on it (I think it says made in Japan on the back of the cover) so don't play it without spoofing first

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs