Hacking I need to fix a NDS, any help, please?

Tuxedo Kamen

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, basically I was flashing a fat DS for a friend, and we pulled the PassMe device. Now, every time we try to push a normal game inside, it doesn't hold in there, as the game is instantly thrown outside.

While I know that I need to open the DS in order to fix this, I don't know what exactly I need to do inside, in order to fix this problem. Can anyone help me with it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The spring is a tricky thing (mine is currently absent from my DS, partially by choice though).
First get a watchmakers screwdriver or a toothpick (basically something small and fairly rigid), a torch and seeing if you can tweak the spring/plastic holder back to how it should be.
Alternatively (or if the method above does not work) the spring is enclosed under the DS cart slot: this will have to be desoldered if you wish to get at it and then you can re-set the spring.

El Diablo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
z7.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
Well, basically I was flashing a fat DS for a friend, and we pulled the PassMe device.

You say "We pulled the PassMe device", meaning, both of you pulled it or you dont want the full blame?
tongue.gif

Tuxedo Kamen

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sleep.gif
hey, I am not a native english speaker, and therefore my english is not perfect.

I understood when the other guy said:

QUOTE said:
First get a watchmakers screwdriver or a toothpick (basically something small and fairly rigid), a torch and seeing if you can tweak the spring/plastic holder back to how it should be.

But what is "a torch" supposed to be, and how can I use it? I know about a fire torch, but I doubt your talking about that. >_>

Tuxedo Kamen

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hum, just gave it a try, but I still can't manage to do it. Basically, it looks like this:

With the connections in the lower part, and a stuck black piece on the upper one. I think I would need to pull that black piece, but I can't find an effective way to do such task. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1