OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hey

I found a very old NDS device the neoflash magickey v1 and an old DS FAT black.

I can’t boot the GBA cart into DS mode and if I remember from the good old days, the magic key v1 only works with the first NDS FAT grey model and I need the v2 for other colors NDS?

neo-flash-tops.jpg

Is that right?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey

I can’t boot the GBA cart into DS mode and if I remember from the good old days, the magic key v1 only works with the first NDS FAT grey model and I need the v2 for other colors NDS?

neo-flash-tops.jpg

Is that right?
This is a PassMe clone, one of the earliest methods of booting DS ROMs. It involves loading them to a slot-2 flashcard like a SuperCard SD, and then booting GBA mode as DS mode.

ak1nok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey

neo-flash-tops.jpg

Is that right?
Nope.

To run an NDS game using MK1, you need a Nintendo DS Fat with firmware 1-3 (check instructions at https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-check-your-firmware-version-on-ds-ds-lite.456211/). You can also reflash your NDS from firmware version 4 to firmware version 3, for example. MK1 will then work again.

However, the game will not run just like that. Before this rom image must be patched either with the program GST universal patcher (version 3.0 or 3.1 no more!) or with the program NDS Patcher v0.1 by ]{ain. You just need to drag the ROM image to the program icon or run it using the command line.

Next you need to use the Neo Power Kit program. After installation there will be three icons. Double click on the NDS icon (this will remove the GBA bootloader and it will not be written to NeoFlash). Then open the main program. Note that the program can be run on Windows XP 32bit running with Oracle VM VirtualBox.
Eventually you will need to flash the rom image to the flash cartridge and it will work.

Reactions: Keylogger

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Nope.

To run an NDS game using MK1, you need a Nintendo DS Fat with firmware 1-3 (check instructions at https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-check-your-firmware-version-on-ds-ds-lite.456211/). You can also reflash your NDS from firmware version 4 to firmware version 3, for example. MK1 will then work again.

However, the game will not run just like that. Before this rom image must be patched either with the program GST universal patcher (version 3.0 or 3.1 no more!) or with the program NDS Patcher v0.1 by ]{ain. You just need to drag the ROM image to the program icon or run it using the command line.

Next you need to use the Neo Power Kit program. After installation there will be three icons. Double click on the NDS icon (this will remove the GBA bootloader and it will not be written to NeoFlash). Then open the main program. Note that the program can be run on Windows XP 32bit running with Oracle VM VirtualBox.
Eventually you will need to flash the rom image to the flash cartridge and it will work.
Awesome thanks for all these infos
I will try it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes you did originally say grilled