I need to fix a NDS, any help, please?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Tuxedo Kamen, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Tuxedo Kamen
    OP

Tuxedo Kamen GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2006
    Well, basically I was flashing a fat DS for a friend, and we pulled the PassMe device. Now, every time we try to push a normal game inside, it doesn't hold in there, as the game is instantly thrown outside.

While I know that I need to open the DS in order to fix this, I don't know what exactly I need to do inside, in order to fix this problem. Can anyone help me with it?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    The spring is a tricky thing (mine is currently absent from my DS, partially by choice though).
    First get a watchmakers screwdriver or a toothpick (basically something small and fairly rigid), a torch and seeing if you can tweak the spring/plastic holder back to how it should be.
    Alternatively (or if the method above does not work) the spring is enclosed under the DS cart slot: this will have to be desoldered if you wish to get at it and then you can re-set the spring.

3. Tuxedo Kamen
    OP

Mar 22, 2006
    There's no way to fix it that doesn't require soldering? I don't really like doing that kind of thing....

4. Tuxedo Kamen
    OP

Mar 22, 2006
    Anyone? Please? :|

5. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Tuxedo: He did suggest a method that doesn't need soldering:

6. El Diablo

El Diablo Banned

Banned
    Oct 24, 2002
    South O' England
    You say "We pulled the PassMe device", meaning, both of you pulled it or you dont want the full blame? [​IMG]

7. Tuxedo Kamen
    OP

Mar 22, 2006
    [​IMG] hey, I am not a native english speaker, and therefore my english is not perfect.

I understood when the other guy said:

But what is "a torch" supposed to be, and how can I use it? I know about a fire torch, but I doubt your talking about that. >_>

8. martin88

martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2005
    Canada
    torch = flashlight

this:
    [​IMG]

9. leetdood

leetdood GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2006
    Canada
    Apparently it's the british term. Not too sure about that, so don't quote me on it. [​IMG]

10. Tuxedo Kamen
    OP

Mar 22, 2006
    Hum, ok. Does anyone have a video showing how to do it? >_

11. Tuxedo Kamen
    OP

Mar 22, 2006
    Hum, just gave it a try, but I still can't manage to do it. Basically, it looks like this:

With the connections in the lower part, and a stuck black piece on the upper one. I think I would need to pull that black piece, but I can't find an effective way to do such task. Any ideas?