1. Paiuand

OP Paiuand GBAtemp Fan

Iraq
    Hey im trying to use my HTC M8 to launch payloads via nxloader but when i plug everything in and launch the app, it doesn’t ask for any permissions so nothing launches, btw im using a regular micro usb to usb a then usb a to type c.
    Help would be appreciated! :)

2. ThirdEyeCx

ThirdEyeCx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What I do is launch the app first, select the payload and then plug it in. There might be a prompt and when you press Ok it will send the payload. Make sure you're in RCM mode first. You can get into RCM without plugging it in first.

3. Akuseru06

Akuseru06 Developer

Romania
    Try the web fusee launcher for a test.

4. naed06

naed06 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I couldn't get this to work until I realised I had my cables the wrong way around... You need to have a OTG adapter/cable plugged into your phone then the USB C cable to the switch

I could never get it to work with the OTG adapter/cable plugged into the switch

5. pretend7979

pretend7979 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yea, an OTG cable is used to make a device a host. You'd want your phone to be the host, because it's what is sending the data.

6. Paiuand

OP Paiuand GBAtemp Fan

Iraq
    Wait i need an otg cable???

7. ThirdEyeCx

ThirdEyeCx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes you do need one unless your phone uses Type-C and you have a c-to-c cable. How are you currently trying to connect it if you don't even have one? I'm not sure if a USB hub would work if that's what you're doing.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  8. Paiuand

OP Paiuand GBAtemp Fan

Iraq
    Im using my phones charging cable which is micro to type A and then i have this adapter for macbooks with type c ports that has a type c on one end and 3 ports on the other end which are hdmi type a and something else idk what it is.

9. pretend7979

pretend7979 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yea you need the OTG cable, because otherwise your phone is expecting it to be charged. OTG cables make your phone the host. You could even charge your switch with your phone using one.

10. Albytrozz

Albytrozz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried 2 different Android phones with all sorts of different cables. OTG adapters, etc. Couldn't get the app to detect the RCM Switch.

What does work quick and flawlessly but isn't really that portable (but still pretty cool) is my old chromebook... a few clicks and I'm in CFW. I got it to work in Windows too but this seems like the quickest way to get it going for me right now.

11. Paiuand

OP Paiuand GBAtemp Fan

Iraq
    How do I know if the cable is an OTG one or not?
    Also if I'm planning to buy one I should just buy a micro usb to type C right?

12. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Just search for OTG.

Draxzelex likes this.
  13. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No, you need an OTG cable. Go to Amazon and search for OTG cable that has the correct connections at each end. No adapters. Also make sure your phone supports OTG mode

14. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Chile
    I have an OTG cable connected on my switch, how I make it works?

15. Albytrozz

United States
    I figured out how to get it to work, my OP5 doesn't allow OTG by default you have to turn it on in settings. Use the OTG cable part in your phone, choose your payload in NXLoader, then plug the USB cable into the Switch while it's in RCM mode and it should detect and launch the payload right away.

Now that I have this working there's no real need for the SX Pro dongle, the phone is just as quick and easy!

16. sirAnger

sirAnger GBAtemp Fan

United States
    if you're using a microUSB phone, then it will be phone -> micro-to-usbA(female) OTG -> usbA-to-usbC -> switch
    if you're using a usbC phone, you can do phone -> usbC-to-usbC -> switch

here is the OTG cable I've used in the past: https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Adapter-Samsung-Controller-Smartphone/dp/B00LN3LQKQ
    If your cable doesn't have a micro-usb on one end and a female usb-a on the other, then it's not the right one. Even if it does have those two ends, it may not be an OTG cable.

Then you can load up the NX-Loader app (https://github.com/DavidBuchanan314/NXLoader/releases), select your payload. Then whenever you plug in the switch, your phone will prompt to send the payload (even if the app is not in the foreground). I used this video for reference when I was setting everything up myself (starting at about 4:35 for the android stuff):

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Albytrozz likes this.
  17. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Chile
    I said OTG cable connected to the Switch, not my cellphone

18. Albytrozz

United States
    It won't work with the OTG cable connected to your Switch... it HAS to be connected to the cellphone or it won't work. The OTG cable puts your phone into USB host mode which is needed to run the payload. Doesn't work the other way. I thought I explained I figured that out in my last reply.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    sirAnger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - NXLoader,