Homebrew I need help with my bricked 2DS

MrPotaito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello guys, I have a problem with my 2DS.

I did CFW on my 2ds about 1 year ago, but I left it soon after, and now I wanted to play again. The thing is that I have gone to put new CFW because I have seen that the old Free E-shop was no longer working, and could not play downloaded games.

I followed a tutorial for version 11.11.0.43, and after doing the "haxxxxxxx" step with the frog software and installing Boot9strap, I had the problem that I had a9lh installed, so I followed a tutorial to skip that check and be able to install it. I have installed Boot9strap, and once finished I have pressed back to the console menu and there my 2DS has remained, with the black screen and the continuous blue power LED, unable to do anything to respond. Is there any way to solve this brick? I have seen that it can be corrected if the LED light goes out as soon as it is turned on, but in my case it does not go out, it just stays on.

PD: I don't have backup of the previous card data

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You shouldn't have installed B9S with A9LH installed - didn't it tell you not to? Why skip it? Skipping the check is for people that are sure they don't have it installed but are getting a false positive. You should have followed https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s instead.

I am not sure how to fix it as I've never seen anyone actually do that before, but if it is possible, you will need to start by getting a preflashed ntrboot flashcart. Then you should be able to go into GodMode9 and do a ctrtransfer, and if that doesn't work a d9 style ctrtransfer, and if that doesn't work then use the Lazarus script.

Edit - just to make sure it really is totally bricked, try putting GodMode9's firm file on the root of the SD card renamed to boot.firm and start up your console. If GodMode9 starts up you're in luck and won't need to buy a flashcart. Let us know.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

MrPotaito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, I have factory restored the 2ds and formatted the SD card, so I thought I no longer had the a9lh installed and skipped the advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game