Hacking I need Help Plz!!!

Slim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I had a wiikey for about 3 months now it worked perfectly , I burned abut 30+ games and most of them worked perfectly. Until today, I was playing Harry Potter for about 30 min then I got stuck so I decided to reset my wii, I pressed "home" and then reset. All of a sudden the screen became black and nuthing was working so I unplugued my Wii. Now it seems that my wiikey isnt respondig everytime I put a backup it tell me it cant read it. I really need help or suggestions!
cry.gif
cry.gif

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a slight possibility that one of the solder points was weak and with the heat became "unstuck", just might need re-soldering, its very unikely the wiikey has died, they are pretty well made. Im assuming it has electrical tape over the wiikey to protect any shorts.

At least it still plays original games, so its not your wii broken or your drive broken, its wiikey related.

Try checking the solder points, or let it cool down, maybe its just overheated.

If its just overheated, it might be worth getting a wiistand with a built in fan, to give more air to the unit, it often depends where you keep your machine.

Mine is in an open area with lots of fresh air, so its usually cool!

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also a good idea to have the Wiiconnect 24 in the "off" position, they give some power and heat if you don't fully shut down the Wii when not in use.

here was an article I read:

"Wii owners listen up, as the next bit of information regarding Ninty's console could just save yours from bricking. It seems that WiiConnect24, the system built into the Wii that's designed to keep the console connected to the internet when set to standby mode, has been reported to cause hardware failure - this after the aforementioned console has been on standby with WiiConnect 24 enabled for long periods of time.

It seems that usage of WiiConnect24, despite allegedly being power-friendly, heats up the console more than if the console itself is turned on and being played games on. Hot enough, in fact, to cook the main CPU, causing brick-age."

Have you tried inserting the disc setup again ?

Elm

Slim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thx alot for the suggstions, I tryed the Setup Disc but it couldnt read it. So im hopping that maybe its just a soldering point that became unstuck .
Ill try opening my Wii tommorow and check that out.
smile.gif

Slim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok well I opened my Wii and everything was fine, all the soldering points were good so thats not the problem...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)