Hacking I need Guidance :/

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, a little about me: I am poor, and therefore cannot afford internet service. So I must resort to leeching wifi from where ever it comes from. The wifi signals I receive are unreliable at best. Sometimes I can connect, find, and download whatever I need, and other times I can go days without getting a usable connection. The wifi being as lousy as it is, I cannot connect with my Wii. (I'd like to save up to buy an LCD screen to mount to it, so I can just take it down to McDonald's, or something) >.>

Now then... My Wii is 4.2U and I installed the homebrew channel. I been downloading EMUs, apps, and whatnot for a while now. Then I downloaded the Wiiflow setup after seeing it on Youtube. It came with a bunch of IOS and stuff for getting it to run properly. I used Darkcorp 1.1 like the guide told me to, then installed the wads in the wad folder using ios 36( hermes wads gave me an error message, but I think I managed to install them some how). So I been using Wiiflow and loving it (I don't yet have a EXT hard drive so I gotta run my games off a 16 GB SD card through a printer) Well when I first got the above SD card, I copied my larger games that I couldn't beforehand, and I noticed that Mortal Kombat Armageddon would reset the Wii after the controller screen. All my other games would load and play perfectly( Brawl hiccups a bit in the opening, any fixes?) So I looked it up and read about the MK7 dol, couldn't find it. I then downloaded Wiiflow 2.2, and MKA runs ok when I use the alt dol (There is no MK7 dol in the alt dols folder, curious...) On one version of Wiiflow 2.2 MKA hiccups on the intro, which bothers me, but on all that I've tried, Brawl now randomly black screens when I try to load it. So for now, I'm using 1.1 with the 2.2 folder contents, and my games seem to work fine. However, Some of the games I want to get (namely Monster Hunter Tri) Require updated IOSes to run. So I run Pimp my Wii and do the diagnostic, it tells me I need cIOS249_v20_(Base_IOS37_v3869), cIOS250_v20_(Base_IOS57_v5661) and Waninkoko's cIOS 249 Rev20 (is cIOSX_rev20b the same thing? Because that's what I come up with when I look for it). So I go to http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios and download the Hermes with NUS, and after some trial and error because of bad hashes, the installer says they all installed successfully, yet when I run Pimp My Wii, it says that I haven't installed them. NOW when I try to install them again via the same method, the installer tries to get them from the SD card, fails and tries to initialize the network, and then crashes. I've tried reinstalling Cios 249 rev 19 and trying it again but it keeps crashing. Somebody Help Meh

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, SDcard/printer/Wii
tongue.gif

Posts merged

yes, SDcard/printer/Wii
tongue.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bazamuffin said:
You run your games through a printer?
I wonder what kind of framerates you get on that. And how much paper it uses.
tongue.gif

More serious, though...there are a bunch of flaws in your logic. First...I don't know which guide you followed, but there is absolutely no need to get darkcorp if you're not planning on running backup discs through the disc channel. Like you said: it installs "a bunch of IOS and stuff". While this usually isn't much of a problem, it is a fact that the wii relies on "a bunch of IOS and stuff" to work, so messing with that stuff is only useful if you know what you're doing.

USB loaders such as wiiflow, on the other hand, rely on custom IOS'es (or cIOS'es). Or, more precise: they allow you to assign (among others) the correct cIOS to use for each game you may have. And here's the thing where you went wrong: custom IOS'es are CUSTOM. They aren't supported by nintendo. In fact, nintendo tries to remove them with every update they send.

Pimp my wii told you to get those versions. It's slightly outdated advice (there is a rev21 now), but otherwise very good. But...don't use NUS to download them. NUS retrieves only official IOS'es. There is an official IOS249, 250 and I believe a 222 and 223 as well...but they contain no code (=a stub). They're just placeholders, exactly designed by nintendo to prevent you from using cIOS'es. I think you already had "a" cIOS249 installed...and then used NUS to overwrite it with a version without code.

Now...with all that installing of wads, IOS'es and cIOS'es, it's kinda hard to say what your wii is running right now. Would you please download and use syscheck? (random googled linky). After running it, it should generate a report of your IOS'es and cIOS'es. Please report that here. It'll give us an idea of what you can do to get that situation back under control.
smile.gif

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, here it is... (gulp)

sysCheck v2.0 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6175).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2 (v481)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 116497054
Boot2 v4

Found 132 titles.
Found 50 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 269): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 273): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1031): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS20 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS21 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS22 (rev 1037): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS30 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3349): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS34 (rev 3348): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify
IOS36 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS38 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS40 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS41 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS43 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS45 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS46 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS48 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS50 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS53 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS55 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS56 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS57 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS58 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5405): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249 (rev 19): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v65535

Report generated on 2011/01/19.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...I can't comment on what crash reports you had earlier, but it seems to me like you installed everything that could have been needed. Now...when you run wiiflow and check the settings of the game that doesn't work...there should be an option called "cIOS". Try choosing the different available options and running the game with that. I think at least one of those should work.
smile.gif

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, thing is I wanna update all my ioses anyway, so I don't have any issues with games I get in the future. I just can't track 'em all down. :/

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
IOS'es or cIOS'es? Once again: if you're going to keep using USB loaders, there is absolutely no point in getting all your IOS'es updated (you're not going to use them anyhow).

Still...if you insist:
For IOS'es, I'd use modmii. Download all the IOS'es in wad form, and use a wad manager (YAWMM can install a whole batch of 'em at the same time...other wad managers work just as well) to install them. (keep in mind that this will absolutely undo your darkcorp installation, and remove the trucha bug from those IOS'es...so playing backup discs won't work).

For cIOS'es: get Waninkoko's latest rev here and make sure you install them to slots you can remember*.
Getting Hermes's cIOS'es is probably easiest by downloading the latest uloader. You don't have to install the loader...just the cIOS'es is fine (when asked, use default settings).

Modmii can also download the latest MIOS (for gamecube stuff) and the latest versions of channels. But once again: these don't really mean that much if you don't need them.

*I have mine as follows:
245=base IOS 38
246=base IOS 56
247=base IOS 57
248=base IOS 58
249=rev17

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
IOS =/ CIOS (they are DIFFERENT)

A IOS is "legally" a: both stub OR library needed by games.

You want USB Loader right? Then get a CIOS, NOT A IOS

Both good CIOS (to my preferred setup) are:

CIOS Hermes installer rev4 (202-222-223-224)

CIOS Waninkoko rev21 (249-250)

Then, when you installed them (you´ll need WIFI to get teh package installation of CIOS need, OR get the proper WADS )

A wad is, like a package of a bunch of stuff. They can be installed through Wad Managers, like Waninkoko´s WAD Manager 1.7.

Wads are like .zip files which install them directly inside your wii (channels, forwarders, VC, etc) of course that´s ilegal to do, but it´s up to you.

So, you need:

A Loader (you can start using Wii flow), a USB device properly formatted to WBFS (so you can install games on in later) and a CIOS. I strongly suggest you that install Waninkoko rev19 CIOS 249 @ IOS Base 56.

Then when you run Wiiflow from your wii, it `ll detect any USB Devices connected. Remember, Wiiflow /any loader will run of CIOS 249, unless the very usb loader says the opposite, like "CFG_USB_LOADER-222.dol" which will run off CIOS 222. (If you don`t event have a CIOS ready, loader will kick you out)

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, cool. So I guess I'd get in trouble for discussing something like where I can find Retro city rampage wad, huh?
huh.gif

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't even mention it? I'm not trying to circumvent the rules or anything, just trying to find acceptable ground to tread. >.>

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drakorex said:
I gotta run my games off a 16 GB SD card through a printer

That, sir, is mindblowingly ghetto. My hat off to you, sir, as you have won =)

QUOTE(Coto @ Jan 19 2011, 06:19 PM) So, you need:

a USB device properly formatted to WBFS (so you can install games on in later)

Why, why, why??? Forget WBFS, just use FAT32!!! WiiGameManager can split isos to

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
drakorex said:
can't even mention it? I'm not trying to circumvent the rules or anything, just trying to find acceptable ground to tread. >.>
I've seen links of those other forums being removed as well (except when this source is linked to). It's best to keep a "don't shit where you eat" policy here. Get your illegal stuff elsewhere, then come here to get it working with all legal means possible.

Besides...retro city rampage is scheduled to be released in the 3rd quarter of 2011. Good luck finding a wad of it now.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-