Hoschi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi dudes

so with my old trusty supercard SD Slot2 again failing to run a game i liked to play i decided to get a new flashcard.... but since im not too much into all this flashcard stuff i need your advice.

I got a old phat NDS and lots of SD memory cards. What new flashcard would work with my phat NDS and run all newer games without complications. Plz tell me what you suggest?

thanks in advance
Hoschi

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CycloDS Evolution still has strong official support. It's been out since 2007 and is still going strong. Team Cyclops have been doing some behind the scenes stuff recently, working on a DSi cart, which makes people worry that they've abandoned everyone. It's slightly more expensive, but a firm choice if money isn't an issue.

After that, maybe Acekard with AKAIO. Keep in mind AKAIO is unofficial, and I've heard that Acekard's official firmware isn't that great.

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
Acecard, with akaio its like 15 dollars on dealextreme
wink.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd go with either the Supercard DS Two when it comes out. Or if you don't want to wait, go for the Acekard 2i. It has the best options, it's really cheap, and it works with the DSi (just in case you want to upgrade).
ProtoKun7 said:
...maybe Acekard with AKAIO. Keep in mind AKAIO is unofficial, and I've heard that Acekard's official firmware isn't that great.
Acekard doesn't update it's firmware anymore. In fact, they recommend AKAIO rather than their own firmware.

Hoschi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
and they all work with a old phat DS? Or do i need something else like the "superkey" i needed for my supercard?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hoschi said:
and they all work with a old phat DS? Or do i need something else like the "superkey" i needed for my supercard?
Why would you need a superkey for something that goes into the slot that the superkey goes into?

Well, you don't need anything additional, just the memory card (microSD).

And all current DSi cards work on every DS.

Hoschi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
YayMii said:
Hoschi said:
Why would you need a superkey for something that goes into the slot that the superkey goes into?

Well, you don't need anything additional, just the memory card (microSD).

And all current DSi cards work on every DS.

thanks. As i said i bought my Supercard + superkey ages ago and never bothered to inform myself about all the new flashcard stuff just dont want to spend money on something and realise that i need something else to get it working ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol