I need a more experienced person's help.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Halulu, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Halulu
    OP

Halulu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2017
    United States
    Hi, everyone. I apologize if this is against site policy or otherwise untoward, but I read through the rules, and I think it's okay. I'm sorry if I misunderstood something!

In short, I want homebrew on my system. I'm awful at this hacking stuff, though, and I can't afford to buy a new 3DS if I make a mistake. I was wondering if I could pay a more skilled person to install homebrew on my 3DS, if possible.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You don't have to pay someone to install Homebrew on your system. What system do you have and what firmware is your system on?

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Depending on your official firmware version, will effect the effort required to hack your system.
    It's actually become extremely easy to hack your 3DS and shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to do (if you are being extremely careful.)
    Btw, it's not against site rules to ask for help hacking your system nor against the rules to talk about homebrew involved with system hacking. This including talking about matters such as custom firmwares and apps like freeShop.

CaptainSwag101 likes this.
  4. HolyHobo

HolyHobo That guy you see around but don't know

Oct 2, 2016
    United States
    US
    This guide here is completely noob proof and I'd reccomend it to anyone! Here's the URL '3ds.guide' :P this will guide you on how to install the latest and greatest exploit, sighax, as well as access to the homebrew launcher and custom firmware!

Last edited by HolyHobo, Jul 3, 2017
  5. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    First of all, if you're on 11.4 firmware( which can be found in the bottom right corner in the top screen of system settings) don't bother. I can go into more detail it you are on 11.4, but for now it's difficult. If you are on 11.3 and under, to put the guide into perspective before you do it, the guide mainly consists of downloading some zip files, extracting and moving them to your sd card, and a few torrent downloads. After that, you boot up the 3ds, go into 3ds sound, and load up the exploits. Should take half an hour at most.

6. fowler002

fowler002 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2013
    It may not be against the rules, however it's against the spirit of this website. You're supposed to "brick" your 3ds/2ds and come "crying" only to find out you've not actually bricked, all that is required is to place a certain file on the sd card or something else very simple. ;)