I need a idea for a 3D game

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by BurningDesire, Nov 9, 2015.

1. BurningDesire
    OP

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    I wanna make a game I just don't have any ideas for the setting or plot...

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Paper Zelda.

Voxel likes this.
  3. BurningDesire
    OP

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    I could if I wanted to get C&D'd be nintendo

4. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    What kind of a 3D game? The best games (or rather: pretty much any game worth playing these days) tie their plot and story around their main mechanic. The genre and overall style also plays into this: it's obvious that a dark survival horror experience will need a radically different plot than a colorful 3D shooter with mechanics like wallrunning or rocket jumps.

In fact..."3D game" can be much more than that. Simulation and RPG's are also in 3D. As are racers. Or rhythm games. Or...

Ahem: as you can see, you'll need to be more specific. Starting with a plot isn't the best way to go about games (unless it's a text adventure game...which usually doesn't need 3D to begin with). It's better to start with a existing concept and putting it in another setting (it's like the sims...in the dark ages!), or meshing to radically different games together (it's like tetris with a portal gun).* Start with that...and if you still need a plot or idea at that point, feel free to contact me if you want. :)

*EDIT: come to think of it...that's what the real Jdbye mentioned. Of course you don't go LITERALLY copy-pasting stuff from those games, but it's not like ninty can sue you if you have an adventure game set in a paper-ish environment.

Last edited by Taleweaver, Nov 10, 2015
    BurningDesire likes this.