Oh My....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man I am watching this thing on YouTube about the PS1 and God do I miss the creative talent that helped the PS1 grow. So many great games that were original and never before seen. It just seems like there was so much on the PS1 that I always enjoyed what I was playing.
Jet Motto
Tony Hawk
Abes World
Road Rash
Twisted Metal
Driver
SoN
Azure Dreams
W..forget what RPG it was but they still make the series on the PS2
Even the games that we were clones like that Twisted Metal clone...or Blasto...thos games kicked ass
Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, and of course the Final Fantasys....all 3 companies have tried to change the game play to something original only to leave RE4 be the only game to improve with the change....but rather than having Twisted Metal 24 is it possible to have Sony bring that fresh new feeling back to the table that the PS1 brought or was the only reason the PS1 won my heart was because it offered an all new 3D high octane processing power with some developers who had to sit down and think about all new games to optimize the power and now since its merly more power with each system they sit back and say....hmmm Crash got old....Jak got old....what fluffy charcter can we now make 5 games about? Anyone do a squirrel yet? Of course the Saturn came out first and flopped so there needs to be a combination of ingenuity on both the software and hardware side....eh I got no idea where I am going with this. I am just super nostalgic over the PS1 and now have gone back to the cube as I hate the PS2 but would love to feel the feel Sony gave me in the mid 90's. Is that what the Wii expects to do? Bring something new to the table? God I miss Jet Motto....

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I miss Jurassic Park and game with the super spider.. I also miss never owning a PS1.. I had one video game consol when I grew up, a N64 with 3 games. My little brother who is 9 years younger, currently owns a PS2, a GC, a N64 and a Wii is on its way.. something is wrong..

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I’m not so sure it was the PS1, or just the time in your life when all games
are new & exciting. With me it was the Amiga that blew me away, now
most games I play are just more of the same. & even though in comparison
to today’s graphic power machines it was crap it was the time when games
were best, for me anyway.
biggrin.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey HC,
I don't think it's ALL nostalgia. I still boot up my psone to play:
Incredible Crisis
Blasto
N20
Wipeout XL
Heart of Darkness (my kids love it)
RC Stunt Copter
Kagero Deception

A lot of the racing games don't hold up too well, but there was a lot of original stuff on the psone. In fact, while I had no previous plans to buy a PSP, the fact that they're coming out with a psone emulator could seriously empty out my wallet. As long as I can transfer all the games I've bought for the real one, I'm so on it!

And pardon me while I wax nostalgic myself CatScam. I remember when the Amiga 1000 came out, I was selling them at a mall store (Games & Gadgets, later turned into Electronics Boutique, then EBGames.) The mall closed at nine but the security guards would let me stay to midnight so I could "play" Deluxe Paint, Tass Times in Tonetown, and Bratticus. I could just about go for a game of Mindwalker right now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D