Hacking I´m angry

SmaArty1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I got a PSP 3001 for like 100 bucks (here in Brazil, it was the cheaper PSP that I saw in my whole life!)
This PSP is in 6.30 version, but I want to update this for 6.61 for CFW. I tried to update the console, but it is giving an error! The error is "The battery level is low, conect the AC adaptor..." "The update will start automatically when the charge level is high enough to perform the update" but my battery doesn´t works at all! Can I update this console without a battery?
And with OFW, homebrew games like Minecraft PSP will run?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
By doesn't work(s?) at all you mean you don't have a battery so you just keep it plugged in the power outlet to use?

If so, you need to either get a new battery OR get CFW on the 6.30, then use homebrew to bypass battery checks for update. OR just get the update file and do it manually, I think doing it from the file rather than the internet lets you avoid the battery check, but not exactly sure on that.

As for the question at the end, homebrews can ONLY run with CFW, although they will show up on the menu even without it. However, signature check will fail if you try to launch and cause the system to crash and restart.

Reactions: MrCokeacola

SmaArty1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
By doesn't work(s?) at all you mean you don't have a battery so you just keep it plugged in the power outlet to use?

If so, you need to either get a new battery OR get CFW on the 6.30, then use homebrew to bypass battery checks for update. OR just get the update file and do it manually, I think doing it from the file rather than the internet lets you avoid the battery check, but not exactly sure on that.

As for the question at the end, homebrews can ONLY run with CFW, although they will show up on the menu even without it. However, signature check will fail if you try to launch and cause the system to crash and restart.
yea, the battery doesnt works
has CFW´s for 6.30??????????

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i forgot a thing too
im not using the internet update...

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yea, the battery doesnt works
has CFW´s for 6.30??????????
CFW exists for pretty much ALL OFW versions, for example I keep my PSP on 6.60 and works fine.

i forgot a thing too
im not using the internet update...
If update with file doesn't work, then yeah, just get a new battery, will make everything MUCH easier and you won't need to keep it plugged in all the time either. Check AliExpress or something for a battery.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i think i´ll ask to my friend if he can lend me his battery
will it work?
If the battery matches the model, then sure, no reason why it wouldn't work. Googling it now, it seems there is a way but doesn't seem to work every time, so try it for now:
fc9736fd9ad8507a733ef6187908c573.png

SmaArty1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thank you for all!!! i think ill ask for my friend for a battery
btw, thank you very much!!! enjoy your psp! did you have a discord?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I wonder if Shaft ever tips... +1