Homebrew I lost my save file

A.Force

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was messing around a bit with my flash card (Supercard Ds-ONE) trying to get their "realtime game guide" tool to work.
They say on their site that to make it work i need my txt file to have the same name as the number on my .nds file

But my rom file didnt have any number, it was just called "Final Fantasy IV.nds".

So stupid as i am i thought i could add a number to the file name.. but i realised afterwards that it was stupid since the game wouldnt find the save files, and so i changed the name back to "Final Fantasy IV.nds".

But to my horror, as i loaded the game, i found that it did not find my save files, title screen had only one option (New Game).

I immediatly took a backup of all my save files, which are :

FINALF~1.SAV
FINALF~2.SAV
FINALF~2.SCI
FINALF~3.SAV
FINALF~4SAV
FINALF~4.SCI
FINALF~1.SAV

Now i understand that the .SAV files are the actual saves, but what are the .SCI files?
What should i do? Its irony that i was just in the end of the game when this had to happen..

Anyone out there that can help?
biggrin.gif

A.Force

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright! I made it!
Deleting the sci files didnt help, since each time i started the game it created a new file called FINALF~2.sci

So what i did was, deleting FINALF~2.sci and renaming FINALF~4.sci to FINALF~2.sci
This didnt make the games save files work, but somehow it made the supercards save state function work, and i was able to load a state i saved pretty close to were i was in the game.. then i just used the games save function to create a new save file.

Thanks anyway hdofu, i knew it was something with the sci files..

peace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV