I know brakken is an ego bloated prick, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did a user here fuck with Tehskeen's paypal account? Why the fuck would an idiot do that? jeremy? hello?

Now you can fully expect that your paypal account will soon follow. nice move dumbass, now there will be NO homebrew bounties, thanks a lot.

I think brakken is one of the scene's hugest ego maniacs but he has a good site and despite the fact that he himself assists piracy, he looks down very disfavorably on this site for some idiotic reason. Now instead of having discussions like reasonable people this will lead to a lot of unneeded disharmony.

source
http://brakken.net/comments.php?mid=053fae...8fe382b2c179505

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
He's barely a member of GBAtemp, jeremy has only made 5 posts, all of which were like "I need this file. Upload it.".

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry? Whatever happened? Did that brakken guy fuck with GBATemp's account for the HB bounty?

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Maktub said:
Sorry? Whatever happened? Did that brakken guy fuck with GBATemp's account for the HB bounty?
I think (not sure) what he means is that brakken is trying to get people to get "revenge" for him by getting the GBAtemp Paypal account reported.

wolfeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maktub said:

only a matter of time and regardless of the connection, this will spiral out of control and then no coders will get the money they deserve for their awesome work and guys like me who love testing and playing homebrew will have no new games all because of stupid people... and believe me when I say brakken is at the TOP of that list, but so are users here apparently despite the posted warnings of some moderators.

Brakken uses his blog to rant and rave about what he sees as injustice in his little narrow view of the world and yet he's a huge hypocrite... i get it, no one needs a road map to figure that out but this shit just goes way beyond all rational thought.

If GBATEMP as an unite entity can not take some responsibility and do something to alleviate the situation, we're all going to lose out.

what a shame.

what a damn shame.

wolfeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moozxy said:
lol who is Jeremy?

this is really nothing to laugh over son...

from brakken's idiotic blog, where he first posted the actual address and personal info of the user in question and then retracted it... hell he even said it would be ok with him if someone visited the stupid shmucks's house.... really nice

QUOTEWell, I have a theory, that pretty much ads up. Right after I posted the GBATEMP Blog Post and put the Donation Widget on TehSkeen Nancy L'Heureux St-Louis donated $0.05 (yes, 5 cents) to the fund. The reason behind donating such an amount is to get my personal information. Using this information I'm assuming he more than likely contacted Paypal. Here are his details:

Nancy L'Heureux St-Louis
(censored)
(censored) Quebec J2W3B8, Canada
[email protected]

Doing a Google search I found that Jeremy (Nancy is probably his mother's name) runs a Nintendo Scene site (http://newtendo.com/phpBB3/portal.php). Jeremy is also a member of GBATEMP (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showuser=86341).

So, after I Blog about GBATEMP Jeremy a member of the site donates 5 cents to find out who I am and then suddenly Paypal receives a complaint about TehSkeen's Wii Coding Competition's Donation Widget and now my Paypal account is suspended. I'm sure Jeremy, the happy pirate kid from GBATEMP is happy, but he's managed to make it a lot harder for supporters of the contest to donate money. Until this issue is sorted out I will accept donations via check or money order. Details about this can be found on TehSkeen's Wii Coding Competition's Website.

if you read further down the replies on brakken.net on this post you will see where he posts the paypal info of gbatemp and invites people to contact paypal to complain

THAT is what I'm upset about and it's really not funny at all.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously, please, a little bit clearer on your posts could help, you know? So, now on his attemp to take revenge this guy will try to fuck GBATemp's account just because a totally unknown asshole (out of thousands of valuable members) disturbed him? Oh right. First, I don't think he can do anything with the paypal thing since he's been first reported, which may be a shame but well, shit happens. Secondly, I believe GBATemp will be able to handle better with paypal. Shit, better be for paypal as GBATemp has lots of sponsors who use paypal's system. It could only do bad to themselves, they'd be retarded to do anything like messing with GBATemp.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Maktub said:
No. Brakken was holding a homebrew bounty of his own, but fund raising for a contest prize is technically gambling (after all, that's how lotteries work), so his account was suspended. He blames somebody called 'jeremy' (who has an account on GBAtemp.net) for reporting him.

wolfeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maktub said:
Seriously, please, a little bit clearer on your posts could help, you know? So, now on his attemp to take revenge this guy will try to fuck GBATemp's account just because a totally unknown asshole (out of thousands of valuable members) disturbed him? Oh right. First, I don't think he can do anything with the paypal thing since he's been first reported, which may be a shame but well, shit happens. Secondly, I believe GBATemp will be able to handle better with paypal. Shit, better be for paypal as GBATemp has lots of sponsors who use paypal's system. It could only do bad to themselves, they'd be retarded to do anything like messing with GBATemp.

Just because you have no clue what is going on, does not make it my job to fill you in. I gave you a link in my first post. try reading, or is brakken right and everyone here is brain dead?

brakken doesn't have to report it, many of his friends will, have already I'm sure. and he can use any e-mail address to report it, paypal does NOT fuck around with anything even remotely underground... go read, read his posts about how he lost his paypal account and see what I'm talking about.

wolfeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaHe said:
Maktub said:
No. Brakken was holding a homebrew bounty of his own, but fund raising for a contest prize is technically gambling (after all, that's how lotteries work), so his account was suspended. He blames somebody called 'jeremy' (who has an account on GBAtemp.net) for reporting him.

you just explained my point thank you. GBAtemp's homebrew bounty is the EXACT same thing.

I bet you by this time next week there will no longer be a paypal link on gbatemp...

all because of idiots

I'm done with "my" rant... talk amongst yourselves but don't shoot the messenger on this one, I didn't do a bloody thing. I'm just a guy who likes videgames.

ban me or flame me, I could care less. that is exactly how this all started anyway... you're just perpetuating the cycle.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brakken is being pretty brackish. Coming after GBAtemp because some user acouple posts at our site? No clue why this would be our fault...or why we deserve to be singled out at all.

Personally, I would have had sympathy for him and his paypal troubles. "Would have" if he didn't seek to get some sort of perverted revenge from it.

I think hes alittle bit schizophrenic + Delusions of grandeur (the temp is out to get me!)

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maktub said:

That really sucks about the Wii bounty, that sounded like a good idea. Whoever this jeremy fellow was is certainly not speaking for everyone at GBATemp. He's a total Noob in every sense. I can make a skeen account with a phony email today and start being a taddle in the name of teh skeen, it doesnt make everyone there accomplices. If Brakken was a bit more level-headed he would not condemn a whole community of thousands for the actions of a semi-lurker. Paypal are real bitches, i know this from experience.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't you commit the error of even suggesting I am brain dead or anything alike, you are no close to me to do such thing, and I haven't offended you or anything before, so don't you do it again.

Also, allow me to say it wasn't clear at all by reading that bunch of raging typing by the brakken guy. And you assumed it was, thus making it hard to understand your own posts. I had read that by the time you posted it, and I could tell you one thing or two about reading.

Now on topic: seems like a delicate situation but I'm sure it can be sorted out. I wouldn't worry too much. If PayPal decideds this is gambling, we can do it other way.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
GBAtemp is hosting the competition to try and support and improve the homebrew scene, there is no way we would support someone (regardless of it being someone from our site, especially if they've got a grand total of a few posts) who tries to go against this initiative. I honestly feel brakken needs to talk to the staff members here about the situation before doing anything radical.

sbwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems to me there's no point even debating this ... reading Brakkens postings, he has made up his mind it was GBATemps fault and you wont convince him otherwise.

His revenge on his delusional nemesis is to inflame his devotees to get Paypal to stop support here ... it will probably happen too as Paypal wont question it too much but just play safe.

I don't really get why you felt the need to start a topic on this as all that will happen is the less-stable members here will just flame Brakkens blog and in turn persuade Brakkens fans to make the complaints needed to get an investigation rolling.

He obviously has a problem with GBATemp or wouldn't jump to his conclusions in the first place so maybe some degree of decorum would be best and just let matters take their toll. Any tit-for-tat will just aggravate things.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
As a staff member of GBAtemp, I'd like to make it known right now that we do not endorse flaming or spamming other people's sites for any reason. We always do our best to sort out situations civily and respectfully.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Because one person who made a thread asking for something = GBAtemp.

GBAtemp is one person. Every account is all ran by one guy. Jeremy controls us all.

The Costello is a lie.

Just read some of those blog comments. His "fans" are retarded, accusing people of being children because they have moral ethics. He may as well delete all the text on the page and replace it with "BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW GBATEMP GOT MY PAYPAL REPORTED BAWWWWWWWWWWWW MOMMY HALP ME!"

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
That's so weird stupid .... breath & relax

Bounty is a payment for the capture of or assistance in the capture of an outlaw... not only but even more ... Middle English bounte, from Old French bonte, from Latin bonits, goodness, from bonus, good
Reward...especially one given by a government for acts deemed beneficial to the state, such as killing predatory animals, growing certain crops, starting certain industries, or enlisting for military service...

Bounty - a ship of the British navy; in 1789 part of the crew mutinied against their commander William Bligh and set him afloat in an open boat

QUOTE said:
# Created by Gh0st 8.00 - 2008-08-08 08:08:08

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 images.paypal.com
#........................................................
127.0.0.1 www.pay-per-search.com
127.0.0.1 www.pay4health.net
127.0.0.1 www.paycom.net
127.0.0.1 www.paycounter.com
127.0.0.1 www.paydayloans-x.com
127.0.0.1 www.paydayloans.com
127.0.0.1 www.payfortraffic.net
127.0.0.1 www.paygalleries.com
127.0.0.1 www.payingforums.com
127.0.0.1 www.paylessinks.biz
127.0.0.1 www.paynow.de
127.0.0.1 www.payoutpal.com