Not open for further replies.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Brakken from tehskeen.net has posted an article about gbatemp. Its a complete rant and he is calling 99% of the tempers pirates.

Source: http://www.brakken.net/comments.php?mid=af...c5e36fb6d5d9500

QUOTE said:
So you’re sitting in your bedroom staying up late at night, which you shouldn’t be doing in the first place. You’re typing as fast as you can jerked up on some energy drinks or maybe some good dope (most likely you fall into the first category because you’re too much of a computer geek wimp to “get dope”). You’re typing away and arguing about hacking. Why? Well, you’re an elite hacker! You know how to open a web browser and type in a URL of a site that index’s illegal ROM releases. Then you go to this website’s IRC channels and know the secret behind the all mighty fserve command.

Maybe not, maybe you’ve upgraded a level and have some leet FTP access. Or, in the worst case you’re some lame idiot who thinks he’s safe downloading torrents and using Usenet. Either way, you’re up too late, downloading illegal ROM files and flaming the other half of hundred people that are doing the same thing. Welcome to GBATEMP.NET!

Reality check - you haven’t hacked shit. You’ve figured out how to buy a flash cartridge from an online store and how to download ROM files for it. Now this overwhelming storm floods your mind and you’ve turned into a self delusional asshole who acts like a 12 year old with no respect what-so-ever to the real hackers and just rant like school yard girls about it with each other night, after night, after night. Welcome to GBATEMP.NET

This shithole of a website is home to many people per described above. Yeah, it’s a little off tune to my normal rants, but I’ve got to think who I’m dealing with here. You don’t go down to the dirty south end of town and talk English to the Mexican’s to score your junk from or you’ll get shot up. You don’t go into “geek” party without a computer. So I’m purposely speaking “leet kiddie hacker” language hoping them maybe .00005% of the moronic population that resides on that site with all of their e-penis power sees the light!

I mean, how many of you complete fuck nuts think you’re going to be able to play those 80,000+ games you’ve downloaded. You’re now so overwhelmed with power you can’t play through a single game by itself. Oh, and excuse me, when you do you use you cheat power or gamefaqs to blast through the game then claim you beat it. The only person you’re fooling is yourself. You’re fucked up and you don’t care. End of story.

I’ve had to deal with these type of morons all of my life as you find them congregating all over the place in the world. From highschool (where most of these kids are still in anyway) to college (even more college idiots in the box too) to the work place, on the street corner. Just name a place and you’ll run into these attention seeking people.

Okay, so I’ve said my bit. I think 99% of GBATEMP’s users are little kids (twelve through early twenties) that think just because they can pirate some ROM files when a monkey can pilot a fucking rocket they have some sort of reason to go around acting like lurking, flaming and acting like they are of some importance in the scene. These types of people ruin the scene. They give companies like Nintendo a reason to go after flash card makers. They’ve hunted down and ran off countless amounts of GOOD developers. They are just plain trash and need to be in the wash cycle until their brains clean out good.

Yeah, that’s right. Brakken is now setting his eyes on websites that index illegal ROM releases. So don’t go grinning too much, GBATEMPERZ – I’m after you all. Any site that index’s the releases of the underground video game pirating scene should be shut down. If any of the FEDS are looking for those release groups start at the bottom (release indexing sites), get to know some of their users, and get to know where they get their ROM’s from and on and on. You’ll end up at the top of the tree in no time.

This is the end of my first rant about this subject. In the replies link you’ll find more of my replies that should be kept off my scene site and on drama central.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Not news, pretty lame if you ask me, moved.

Also, prove him wrong and dont respond with flaming, or even better, ignore his call for attention and don't respond at all
smile.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
lagman said:
Not news, pretty lame if you ask me, moved.

Also, prove him wrong and dont respond with flaming, or even better, ignore his call for attention and don't respond at all
smile.gif
QFT

i suggest all of us should always quote this cause some noobs might go there and flame

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oops, I didn't mean, I was about to say something but... *zip* Well, yeah no one go ranting... I didn't....
tongue.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THIS GUY IS NEW EPIC FAIL GUY

"This shithole of a website is home to many people per described above." Shithole? No. It's as if I said your site is a shithole for your baseless rants. And more than half the people you described are noobs who join to ask a question then then they leave.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time I've even heard of this person. Some of the things he says is true, but goddamn, he has more unwarranted self importance than a 14 year old rich white girl.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i saw this yesterday. damn he is a retard. can't he just mind his own business, he ain't special
lecture.gif

QUOTE said:
Brakken is now setting his eyes on websites that index illegal ROM releases
rolleyes.gif
better watch out guys! hahaha

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's stupid. Brakken downloads roms too. He used to be an op in an fserve channel also, but went into hiding because he's scared of so called "feds".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt