nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've worked for this company for 2 years ... been a retail manager for 1, and relocated to another city for them. It's an independent retail computer store, and sales are down ... which is to be expected as computer sales for all companies are down ... and yet I'm fired because "sales are too low". Like it's my fault!

OK, so coaches get fired when their teams lose ... so I get that. Except that my store, out of the six in the company, had the highest gross sales and highest net profit for '06.

So what's their actual reason?

I think they're going to let everyone go who works for 4 of the stores and "start fresh" ... they treat their employees terribly. They view employee's backwards ... they think the employees need the store, not the store needs the employees.

So ... I think I'm going to start my own business. Anyone wanna invest!?
wink.gif

And if anyone lives in Grand Rapids, Mt. Pleasant, Cadillac, or Lansing, Michigan -- don't ever shop at PC Outlet. If you wanna know why, aside from how they just treated me, PM me and I'll elaborate.

And hey, if you are in Grand Rapids, I am too ........... w00t.

nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh ... wrongful termination or not, it's a company I don't care to work for and it's not worth my effort to do that.

They did offer me the sales job, but had I taken that, it would have justified how they treat their employees, so I took the termination willingly.

Ironically I was going to quit next month, but I was going to find a job first. Now I have time to start my own company so I guess it could be a blessing in disguise.

nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can you get a job at a rival store using those best-of-the-six sales records to get you hired?

I wanna do my own start-up to compete with them. Honestly, with the way the CEO runs things, I don't foresee the company being around for more than another 18-24 months anyway.

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can you get a job at a rival store using those best-of-the-six sales records to get you hired?

i was thinking to suggest that as well. honestly your better off starting your own buisness or going to a competitor. for now, relax and collect unemployment and weigh out some good options.

your not a dime a dozen, and in America we are full of jobs you will find better
smile.gif

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good luck. not much insight into the topic (only 15), although i waws fired once, by the guy who owned the place I worked at. His manager told him to rehire me that day because I was the best worker there. Good luck with the startup, if you have good prices and start up an online section, ill buy some stuff!

nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
good luck. not much insight into the topic (only 15), although i waws fired once, by the guy who owned the place I worked at. His manager told him to rehire me that day because I was the best worker there. Good luck with the startup, if you have good prices and start up an online section, ill buy some stuff!

If I start any online business, it'll be selling gaming laptops and computers because I know I can have competitive prices there. The business I'm looking at is IT orientated, service contracts with businesses and things like that.

D

Deleted User

I'd just 'take it on the chin' and move on. Chalk it up to experience. They had their reasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT