1. linkchidori

OP linkchidori GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I fucked up this time, i really did.

While i was trying to sort out how to install OPEN_AGB_FIRM, i accidentally installed it into FIRM0, and now the 3DS will only boot to OPEN_AGB_FIRM (Now i know how it works). I cant seem to enter to BS9 at all, theres no recovery mode, and when i try to turn on the 3DS it will only tell me that theres no fatfs disk.

I really hope theres a way to fix this, and if there isn´t, then it will be an warning for me to be careful. If anyone could help me with this, please tell me if theres a solution, i would really appreciate it.

smallissue, KokoseiJ, CubeBag and 2 others like this.
  2. IC_

IC_ Pending Deletion

Poland
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    Sure, use ntrboot to run GM9 and that time, flash B9S or any other ARM9 homebrew intended to be bootable :)

4. linkchidori

Mexico
    Thank you very much to both of you!. I actually have a NDS and a compatible flashcard laying around, fortunately. Ill try it when my DS is charged.

alexander1970 likes this.
  5. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina

United Kingdom
    Flashing a .firm without chainloading abilities is not a good idea. It makes no difference if flashing only to FIRM0 or to both FIRM partitions. If the first partition is valid, the console will always boot from there (unless ntrboot is used).

Thanks for the warning not to install OPEN_AGB_FIRM as "boot image"

Good luck with repairing the issue.

TurdPooCharger and alexander1970 like this.
  6. linkchidori

Mexico
    Hello everyone!. Thanks to all of you, i successfully recovered my 3DS hahahahaha. Im grateful to all of you, this community is the best!.

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    What I want to know is how did you manage to install AGB_FIRM to firm0? Doesn't seem like something FBI would allow you to do in the first place.

8. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I would have thought it would at least let you keep playing GBA games on your SD card. I had been thinking it could potentially be useful to chainload open_agb_firm from ntrboot (like you can with godmode9 and Luma), but this suggests it isn't possible?

Does this mean that when you chainload a .firm, some other FAT driver remains resident, or something?

9. linkchidori

Mexico
    I installed it trough GodMode9. I didnt know how to run it as i really didnt find any tutorial on how to use it/install it so i just was checking around, and thats where i found the Install option. Now i know what FIRM0 is hahahaha.

10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    ...Yeah, GM9 is not the kind of program where you just try random options to see what they do. :P
    Strange though. I wouldn't have expected it to actually boot AGB_FIRM. Thought the encryption or format or something would be different, so that'd it'd just fail and skip to loading firm1 instead.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Aug 29, 2020
  11. dwain12435
    This message by dwain12435 has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Aug 30, 2020, Reason: wtf.
    Aug 30, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - OPEN_AGB_FIRM, installed, FIRM0