Hacking I have the PCH-2000 vita, Is it possible to stop the IDU demo mode from auto rebooting every 5 mins?

D

Deleted User

I have looked at these instructions http://hackinformer.com/2016/08/17/idu-setting-psvita-xyzz/, but they are for the PCH-1000 not the PCH-2000.
Those instructions do actually work on 2000 models as well. I have a 2000 model myself and everything worked fine by following everything in that tutorial.

If you noticed, there's actually a little paragraph that explains how to temporarily never shutdown after 5 minutes:
  1. Turn off your Vita completely
  2. Connect the powercable -> the vita should start into DemoMode
  3. Deactivate the DemoMode by pressing and holding L + R + UP + START for 5 seconds
  4. Press the Power Button to standby your Vita and wait till the blue led is completely off
  5. Disconnect the cable and wake up your Vita
I don't believe there are any other workarounds for preventing shutdown without having to do this method, but some developer may look into it once we have full access to the system.

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Those instructions do actually work on 2000 models as well. I have a 2000 model myself and everything worked fine by following everything in that tutorial.

If you noticed, there's actually a little paragraph that explains how to temporarily never shutdown after 5 minutes:
  1. Turn off your Vita completely
  2. Connect the powercable -> the vita should start into DemoMode
  3. Deactivate the DemoMode by pressing and holding L + R + UP + START for 5 seconds
  4. Press the Power Button to standby your Vita and wait till the blue led is completely off
  5. Disconnect the cable and wake up your Vita
I don't believe there are any other workarounds for preventing shutdown without having to do this method, but some developer may look into it once we have full access to the system.

But my slim vita doesn't have a blue flashing light when I press the power button, all i see is the green flashing light.

D

Deleted User

But the slim vita doesn't have a blue flashing light when I press the power button, all i see is the green flashing light.
There's literally nothing to worry about there. Just pretend it says "green light" and you should be good to go. It doesn't change anything at all.

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I understand what is happening. It seems to me if I don't shut down the vita but instead put it in stand by mode and wake it up from stand by, than the auto reboot will be removed.

Edit: the power cable can also be used in place of putting the vita in stand by mode, as long as the vita thinks it receives power it will not reboot and it will not shut down automatically.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up