Hacking I have a switch on 8.1.0

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wanna play the most recent games or use online you typically got to stay up to date with the latest FW. If you're using it for homebrew it's a good "rule of thumb" to keep the sysNAND as low as possible for possible future exploit options. emuNAND can be updated to the latest FW (as long as atmosphere is also updated) using daybreak if it's dirty or normally I'd it's a clean NAND (no illegitimate titles, saves, etc) with the only drawback being if you're game card slot and current switch firmware do not match then the game card slot won't work (unless there's a workaround Im not aware of)

That said if it's an RCM exploitable switch you really don't NEED to stay on a low firmware as the exploit is at the hardware level and can't be patched by updates. So you can keep both updated on the same firmware. I think it's 4.1 and under that have a software exploit at the moment, all others are stuck using our jiggys and a PC, or a modchip

MrWhosHacking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna read 238 pgs but I can read that table. If a Switch serial number falls in the "green" then it can be hacked no matter the FW version?

Sorry, I don't keep up on this stuff as much anymore. But there is a Switch in my house that is a "green" one (XAW1001 ...)
That's correct. New system versions will require an update to Atmosphere though before you can update your system.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)